1. List the roles that need to be distributed among the WebE team members. (10
The roles that need to be distributed among the members of the Web Engineering
Content developers/providers In this role, focus on the generation and or
Exercise 9.5 Consider a disk with a sector size of 512 bytes, 2,000 tracks per surface,
50 sectors per track, 5 double sided platters, and average seek time of 10 msec.
1. What is the capacity of a track in bytes? What is the capacity of each surface?
Page 86 Section 2.2
2. In exercise 1, it is explained that x = p/q, which means that x^2 = p^2 / q^2. The
converse of this says that x = q/p, which means that x^2 = q^2 / p^2. This is true.
5. For this, we need a proof by contradiction. First we assum
Page 132 Section 3.1
2. This is not a function because 2 is not assigned a unique element in Y.
3. This is a function. Its domain is X and its range is Y. It is both one-to-one and onto Y.
The inverse function as a set of ordered pairs
Page 20 Section 1.2
2. Yes, 6 + 9 = 15 is a proposition. Its negation would be 6 + 9 != 15 (or 6 plus 9 is not
equal to 15).
3. x + 9 = 15 is not a proposition.
6. Yes, this is a proposition. Its negation would be Audrey Meadows was not the
1. Describe all activities that must occur in order to produce a Risk Mitigation,
Monitoring, and Management Plan. (10 points)
The activities that must occur in order to produce a risk mitigation, monitoring, and
management plan are:
1. List the four design models required for a complete specification of a software
design and the role of each. (10 points)
The four design models required for complete specification of a software design are:
Complete and sufficient. This states that a d
1. What are the names of the six levels of the SEI Capability Maturity Model
Integration (CMMI)? In your own words, briefly describe each. (10 points)
The six levels of the SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration are:
Level 0: Incomplete. At this level,
1. The IP address of the client computer that is transferring the file is 192.168.1.102,
and the port used is 1161.
2. The IP address of gaia.cs.umass.edu is 22.214.171.124, and the port it is
sending/receiving TCP segments for this connection is port 80.
9.3 Other than large storage capacity, storage area networks provide improved
availability and access, reduced downtime, and increased data security. They also provide
fast data access (since they are directly connected to servers through fiber), and the
1. Three binary digits are required to define eight subnets.
2. Specify the extended-network-prefix that allows the creation of 8 subnets.
/19 or 255.255.224.0
3. Express the subnets in binary format and dotted decimal notation:
Chapter 5 Assignment
1. Name the components of a von Neumann machine and describe their functions.
The components of a von Neumann machine are input devices, CPU, main memory, and
output devices. The input devices fetch the next instruction, make a copy o
Chapter 3 Assignment
Page 274 Section 6.1
2. There are 30 dinners at Kays Quick Lunch consisting of one appetizer, one main
course, and an optional beverage. This is because there are 2 appetizers, 3 main courses,
and 5 drink options (no drink is the 5th option added to t
6.4 SMTP uses port 25.
6.11 HTTP uses port 80.
6.12 The five key services provided by SIP are user location, user availability, user
capabilities, session setup, and session management.
6.13 The major component in a SIP network are:
1. Find the name of all Juniors (level = JR) who are enrolled in a class taught by I.
SELECT DISTINCT S.Sname
FROM Student S, Class C, Enrolled E, Faculty F
WHERE S.snum = E.snum
AND E.cname = C.name
AND C.fid = F.fid
AND F.fname = 'I. Teach'
1. Describe a situation in your workplace in which you experienced change
(ex. Change in business processes, technology, management, etc). How did
your department/group manage the change?
Recently my department moved to a new system of managing
1. Although we do experience Exponential Growth in the use of technology, Is it
desirable? (ex. Podcasting, RFID) Provide examples to support your answer.
Yes, I truly believe that exponential growth in the use of technology is desirable. I see
proof of t
1. If you witnessed a situation such as a business deal that seemed unethically sound; how
would you handle it?
Well, it depends on how that information came about. In Kellys situation, I wouldnt
have taken the data home in the first place, as this is obv
1. Discuss the influence that technology has on your career. Does it hinder you or
moves you forward?
Technology is my career. I work as a network engineer at a hospital and am
majoring in Computer Information Systems with minors in both Information