FMST 405, Week 2
Ch. 3 Review Questions
1. What has typically motivated the establishment of guiding publications? Tragic events, such as
the maiming or death of firefighters, has typically motivated the establishment of guiding
2. How are O
FMST 405, Week 5
Ch. 10 Review Questions
1. List two passive triggers that an ISO can employ to achieve safe behaviors. Being visible,
setting an example.
2. List two active triggers that an ISO can employ to increase safety. Soft intervention, firm
FMST 405, Week 6
Ch. 14 Review Questions
1. List the federal regulations that may have an impact on ISO functions.
29 CFR 1910.95, Occupational Noise Exposure Limits
29 CFR 1910.120, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Solutions
29 CFR 1910.
FMST 405, Week 8
Ch. 16 Review Questions
1. What is meant by post incident thought patterns? Reflective or introspective mental
preoccupations that firefighters experience just after incident control.
2. Compare and contrast the role of the ISO in informa
FMST 405, Week 3
Ch. 5 Review Questions
1. What are three ways loads are imposed on materials? Axial, Eccentric, Torsion
2. List the three types of forces created when loads are imposed on materials. Compression,
3. What is the definition o
FMST 405, Week 6
Ch. 12 Review Questions
1. An effective PAR should include the communication of what three elements? Confirmation of
assignment, location, and number of people at assignment
2. What are the top three actions that an ISO should take if a m
FMST 405, Week 1
Ch. 1 Review Questions
1. What is the difference between an incident safety officer (ISO) and a health and safety officer
(HSO)? The HSO is in charge of the agencys Health and Safety program, which is generally
comprised of day to day ope
FMST 405, Week 4
Ch. 8 Review Questions
1. Define hazardous energy. Unintended, and often sudden, release of stored, residual, or
potential energy that will cause harm if contacted.
2. List four ways to categorize the status of hazardous energy.