What events in medieval England brought about the creation and use of private night
watches and patrols?
Medieval Englands laws were set and overseen by the crown having very little effect
upon the populace. In 1688, an Act declaring the Rights and Libert
Why is it said that the greater burden in preventing cargo thefts falls on private security
rather than public law enforcement?
Whether in a port, a haulage company or retail store, private security have the greater
responsibility as the majority of theft
Chapter 11, Question 5. When management is developing a plan for emergency evacuations,
what things need to be considered?
In order to develop a plan for emergency evacuation, there are multiple items that need to
be considered to establish a good
Chapter 6 - 3. What makes an arrest different from a detention?
Arrest is defined as "to use the power of the law to take and keep (someone, such as a
criminal)" (Merriam-Webster.com), while detention is "the act of keeping someone in a prison or
Good evening class,
I enjoyed reading this weeks assigned chapters; I found some very interesting things in
regards to our nations inception of homeland security as well as what a college degree can
actually add to the security field. Below I have chosen
1. Which factor indicates that team members believe in the integrity and ability
of others on the team? Trust
2. Which factor indicates that a leader conveys all necessary data to the team, is
willing to listen for facts and feelings, and dem
1. (T/F) Soldiers participating in civilian outdoor activities must wear the Army
exercise uniform. False
2. The Soldier is NOT permitted to wear the Army uniform when:
a. # 2 and 4
3. (T/F) Army female Soldiers are authorized to wear earring
1. Identify the nonjudicial procedure steps in the proper order when a minor offense
a. File a complaint with the commanding officer of the accused.
b. Commander initiates an inquiry
c. Report and allied papers are forwarded to the commande
1. The document that initiates the Deliberate Planning Process is what?
a. Joint Strategic Capabilities Plan
2. What is one of the most time consuming and intensively managed aspects of
Plan Development? TPFDD Development
3. What step is
1. (t/f) The primary function of the Services and Special Operations Command is
to provide forces, each of which is organized, trained and equipped to perform
specific roles. True
2. Which document spells out the broad responsibi
1. (t/f) Every noncommissioned officer from sergeant through command sergeant
major should receive an evaluation report? True
2. Which of the following is a primary objective of the NCO Evaluation Reporting
System? To contribute to Army-wide
1. Who are members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
a. CJCS, VCJCS, CSA, CNO, CMC, CSAF
2. Who develops the National Military Strategy? Chairman of the Joint chiefs of staff
3. Who has authoritative direction over all aspects of military op
1. What system is the primary formal means by which the CJCS carries out his
statutory responsibilities to advise the President and the SECDEF regarding
strategy, resources, and contingency planning? JSPS
2. What is the primary document
1. Which is NOT considered an instrument of national power? Manufacturing
2. Which best identifies the relationship between military power and other
aspects of national power? All above
3. How does the National Security Council determin
Week 2 HLSS320
Describe the structure of the U.S. intelligence community. Is it effective? Why or
why not? What changes, if any, should be made?
In order to evaluate the structure of the U.S. intelligence community (IC) it is
necessary to evaluate its ove
The article, The Terrorist Mind: An Update by Sarah Kershaw,
addresses issues directly related to the psychological
perspective of terrorism. Specifically focusing upon those
who engage in suicide terrorism, what do you think are the
fundamental factors t
1. Explain in detail the various categories of sensitive duties
(also known as Personnel Designations) and provide detailed
explanation as to why these categories are important.
In addition to security clearances there are also several different
ANNUAL SECURITY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Annual Security Training Requirements
SCMT 303: Final Assignment
This paper explores the various topics that should be part of the initial and
annual security training provided to all pers
Identify all of the Executive Branch departments, agencies, etc., that have a role
regarding the nation's nuclear weapons and what each of their roles is.
The nations nuclear weapons involve many different departments, agencies and other
American Military University
Intelligence Studies Program
Due Date: date (11:59 PM / 2359 hrs)
Based On: Readings, Labs 4 - 8.
Instructions: Before starting this assignment, please read the
following directions carefully.
1. Do n
Discuss U.S. intelligence oversight. Is the process sufficient?
If not, how should it be changed?
There truly is a necessity for oversight of U.S. Intelligence
Programs. The need to ensure that all applicable laws are
being followed, that there are ground
There are many events that occur within an individuals lifetime that shape who they
are, what morals they follow and how they handle the various obstacles that life
presents. One example of this is evident in homes of children who grow up in
Ethics should govern behavior for those who work with others.
Having a strong ethics background will be the guide in moral and
ethical challenges found in real life situations.
When conducting research, it is imperative that all researchers,
Discuss in detail what prompted the development of HSPD-12 regarding
The development of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive -12 (HSPD-12)
was signed in August 2004 and was one of three major federal personnel
1.) Define resolution and how it is measured.
The best way to define resolution is to compare it to a photograph. In looking at this photograph
resolution is what provides the ability to identify an image or an item. Each category measures
Terrorism and the Media
July 23, 2008
Deliverable 6, Workpackage 4
Table Of Contents
1. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TERRORISM AND THE MEDIA. 4
1.1 TERRORISTS USING THE MEDIA . 4
1.1.1 Gaining Attention and Awareness; Spreading Fear. 6
COPYRIGHT: ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. NO PART OF THIS PRACTICE EXAMINATION COVERED BY THE COPYRIGHT HEREON MAY BE REPRODUCED OR
COPIED IN ANY FORM OR BY ANY MEANSGRAPHIC, ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL, INCLUDING
DATA PROJECT STEP #1 Revised
Identify a research topic that is of interest to you.
o Why do patients acquire MRSA infections from their inpatient stays in lee county
Identify one qualitative (categorical) variable that will answer the research
Final test Question Bank
_1. Physiology is best defined as the study of
a. the development of the body parts.
b. the framework of the body.
c. the structure of the body and its parts.
d. how the various body parts normally function.
e. the tissues that ma