RUNNING HEAD: ADVANCED FLOOR SOLUTIONS
Final Sales Presentation Advanced Floor Solutions
Stephanie M. Heald, Ph. D
September 11, 2012
Table of Contents
ADVANCED FLOOR SOLUTIO
Case Study 6.1 Canadian Equipment Corporation
Which of the following alternatives would you use and why?
a. Give a quick explanation of your equipment, ask whether the secretary has heard
of your company or used your equipment, and again ask to
1. What three types of buying situations may the buyer be in when contacted by a salesperson?
Briefly describe each type.
The three types of situations are routine, limited, and extensive decision making. Routine
decision making is on that the customer do
Case Study 13.1 California Adhesives Corporation
1. If you were Marilyn, what would you do to improve sales in your territory?
If I were Marilyn I would try to win those customers back. It will take time to do, but it is not
impossible. I would
Case Study 5A.2 McBath Womens Apparel
1. Lynn believes a good presentation will be critical for her to sell Bruce the new display.
How should she structure her presentation? What are the key selling points to discuss?
Lynn should discuss the pr
1. Chapter 1 described characteristics of several successful salespeople
currently selling goods and services for national companies. Describe those
characteristics and then discuss whether or not those same characteristics also
are needed for success in
Case Study 8.2 A Retail Sales Presentation
1. Describe the selling techniques being used by retail salesperson.
The retail sales person attempts to use a few trial closes during this exchange and these attempts
are rejected by the customer. Aft
COMMENTS ON END OF CHAPTER
QUESTIONS AND CASES
THE LIFE, TIMES, AND CAREER OF THE PROFESSIONAL SALESPERSON
COMMENTS ON CHAPTER 1 SALES APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Major types of sales jobs are: (A) retail; (B) wholesale; (C) Manufact
1. Assume that a salesperson already knows the customer's needs. Instead of developing the
customer's needs as a part of the sales presentation, he goes directly to the close. What are your
feelings on this type of sales presentation?
If the customers nee
Being up to date on all facts is important for a salesperson
1. Is a good closing technique to ask the customer outright (but at the right time), "Well, how
about it? May I have the factory ship you a carload?" Why do you agree or disagree?
Yes, it's best to always ask the customer. (Ch. 12)
2. A national sales com
Case 11.1 Ace Building Supplies
1. Which of the following steps would you take? Why?
a. Call back in three months to get the order as suggested.
b. Try to get a firm commitment on order now.
c. Telephone Joe in a month (rather than make a perso
Case Study 12.2 Central Hardware Supply
1. The best way to handle this is to:
a. Follow his suggestions.
b. Ignore his request and try a second close.
c. Probe further. You might ask: The fact that you have to think this over suggests
that I ha
Case Study 10.3 Dumping inventory
1. What are the ethical considerations, if any in this case?
There are several ethical considerations in this case. First there is the ethics between salesperson
and employers. In this case Ron is expecting Bil
Case Study 4
1. What nonverbal cues did the salesperson, John Andrews, experience when contacting Martha
John had a lot of nonverbal cues coming from Martha. She came in to the meeting late and
would immediately make him wa
Case Study 3
McDonalds Ford Dealership
1. Describe the situation and the buyers apparent needs.
The buyer is looking to buy a used vehicle. The buyer seems to have a poor attitude towards
purchasing the used car. The buyer also assumes that the salesperso
Describe the situation faced by Kara.
Kara is a furniture salesperson, who also works with another sales person names Sally. Both of
them are up for performance reviews with their company. Sally has much higher sales numbers
than Kara. Sallys numbers are
1. Should Rick Lester turn in his keys?
I do not think that Rick should turn in his keys. It seems that he got himself into something that
he was not prepared for. He was looking for an easy job and this is not it. He needs to stop
running away and invest