Go to http:/www.salary.com
Select a job category and then determine the median compensation figures for this position in
eight different locations within the United States. Should an organization that operates in these
different locations pay different sa
Visit the Web site of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. What trends do you see taking place in
the data presented? What information at the site is most useful for organizations in assessing
The Bureau of Labor Statistics is very infor
1. Read Strategic Human Resource Management as Ethical Stewardship in your text. Explain
the ethical steward and transformative leader role as applied to the HR professionals.
Specifically how does each contribute to the practice of strategic HR managemen
1. Examine your current organization's process of strategic management. How effective is this
process relative to the organization's performance? What factors contribute to its effectiveness
My employers strategic management process ha
1. What are the pros and cons of hiring for "fit"? How can an employer best ensure that new
employees will fit with the company culture will simultaneously managing diversity and ensuring
that the most qualified candidate will be hired?
Hiring for fit has
1. Do performance management systems usually measure the right things? Why?/Why not?
How can performance management systems encourage performance that is more consistent
with long-range rather than short-term issues? Provide a real world example.
1. How can an employer lawfully respond to an allegation of employment discrimination?
Provide a real world example.
Working as an On-Site Supervisor employee harassment claims are the common
employment discrimination claims that I receive. My employer ha
1. Discuss the pros and cons of informing employees that they have been targeted as part of
the organization's succession planning process. What particular business conditions and/or
strategy might make telling or not telling the more advantageous option?
Obtain a copy of a publicly held organization's most recent annual report. To what is its
performance for the past year attributed? What strategy does it seem to be following and how
integrated with this strategy do the operating units appear to be?
Running head: Case 2.2
Case 2.2: Research Paper
Success with changes and initiatives come from the top and filter through the
organization and each department plays a key role in making the new direction find its place.