REVIEW SHEET GENE EXPRESSION
1. mRNA- Messenger RNA (mRNA) is a subtype of RNA. An mRNA molecule carries a portion of the DNA code to other parts of the cell for processing. mRNA is
created during transcription. During the transcription process, a single
REVIEW SHEET CELL REPRODUCTION
1. binary fission- asexual reproduction, common in prokaryotes. After replicating its genetic material, cell divides into two nearly equal sized daughter cells.
2. mitosis- type of cell division that result in
REVIEW SHEET: DNA
1. WATSON & CRICK - The two twentieth-century biologists (James D.
Watson of the United States and Francis H. C. Crick of England ) who
discovered the double helix of DNA.
2. FRANKLIN & WILKINS -Rosalind Franklin and Maurice Wilkins,
REVIEW SHEET DEVELOPMENT AND REPRODUCTION
oocyte-a cell in an ovary that may undergo meiotic division to form an gamete.
sperm- The male gamete or reproductive cell involved in sexual reproduction.
It is produced by a male organism that unites with