Chapter 1 DQ:
3. Why might a company be interested in investing in an operation in a foreign country (foreign direct
4. How important is foreign direct investment to the world economy?
5. What financial reporting issues arise as a result of m
# 12 Depreciation Methods
Okay, today were talking about depreciation methods. What do we depreciate in
accounting? In accounting we depreciate fixed assets. They are, fixed assets are longterm; they are relatively permanent in nature. Theyre things that
ACCOUNTING BASICS PART TWELVE
DOUBLE-DECLINING BALANCE METHOD
1. Calculate the straight-line rate.
2. Multiply the straight-line rate by two.
3. Multiply the rate by the assets book value.
ASSUME THE FOLLOWING: