Take Home Exam 3
1.The type of analysis that needs to be carried out is an ANOVA test because since
you are comparing multiple means to see if all the variants have similar activity
or not a simple t-test will not work.
2. Null hypothesi
Human Demography Homework
1. Both curves for the 1950- present showed a Type I survivorship curve as seen in Figure 1.
The curves showed a difference in that the females survived longer than the males
starting from ages 70-79, but there we 0 survivors who
1. The lower density patch had a higher slope for a tangent line showing that was more
optimal for foraging for a short time. If travel time was one minute then the optimal time
to be at a low density patch would be around 50 seconds according
1. None of the beans are leaving the population within the cups during the experiment and
none of them are dying because they are beans.
2. There was no real correlation between sample sizes and standard deviation. The standard
deviations were higher for
Lab Homework #3
1. The different species of trees seemed dependent on the area whether the top, down, or
slope of the hill. The bottom of the tree had the most ash, maple, and beech but the least
amount of red oak. The most ironwood and cherry trees were
Critical Review Assignment
Part 1: The hypothesis of the authors is that some species of grasses are more competitive than
others in the presence of W [water] and Nitrogen. They tested three species of grasses which
were all grown from seedlings in the sa
Lab #1 Homework
1. The animals dug up food closest to the outside of the woods, it is easy to follow the
succession of plant species downhill, and the trees are more abundant on the down slope
of a hill.
2. I could test that succession increasing downhill