Label diagram: 1-14.
15. Name the 2 sacs surrounding heart.
16. Name the 2 layers of the serous pericardium.
17. Name the 3 layers of tissue that make up the heart wall.
18. Name the layer that covers the outer surface of the hear
1. Name the 2 main locations for respiratory centers in the brain.
2. Name the 2 respiratory groups found in the medulla oblongata.
3. Which respiratory group of the medulla contains neurons
1. _ membrane is made up of parietal and visceral pleura.
2. Which pleura lines the cavity walls and is continuous with the diaphragm?
3. Which pleura covers external surface of the lung?
4. During inspiration, contraction of _ _ cau
Lecture #12 Questions
1. Passageway in throat for both air and food?
2. Name the 3 regions of the pharynx.
3. What is the region posterior to oral cavity?
4. What 2 tonsils are found in this region (#3)? DO NOT NEED TO KNOW!
5. What is the region inferior
L24 Study Questions
1. 80% of ATP needed by kidneys is for the active reabsorption of _.
2. Na+ reabsorption is driven by _ pump.
3. Na+ moves into the tubule epithelial cells via:
a. Na+ channel
b. Cotransport protein
c. Na/K pump
d. both a
Lecture 19 Questions
1. Exposed part of tooth is known as the _.
2. Crown is covered with _, which is made up of what 2
3. Outer surface of root is called the _, which is made up of
4. The _attaches tooth to jaw which secures tooth in a
L10 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Neural regulation of BP is (short term, long term) regulation.
2. A sudden change in BP stimulates _, pressure-sensing receptors involved in
neural regulation of BP
3. Baroreceptors send _ signals to cardio-regulatory centers in the
Lecture #20 Study Questions
1. Organ that produces bile?
2. Name 2 contents of bile that are important for digestive processes
3. _ emulsify fats.
4. T/F. Bile digests fats.
5. Phospholipids clustered to bile salts form _ with the fatty droplets
6. #5 fac
1. Name 4 purposes of digestive system.
2. The digestive system is divided into the _ tract &
3. What is another name for your GI tract?
4. Your GI tract is a continous tube from your _ to your
5. Name the 6 functions of
1. List the 4 functions of the Respiratory System.
2. Regulation of blood _ controls CO2 levels which determine acidity of
blood via H+
3. Voice production occurs when air moves past your _ _.
4. _ is the sensation of smell.
Lecture #13 Questions
1. The zone that contains alveoli?
2. _ branch from terminal bronchioles & are the
first division of respiratory zone.
3. Respiratory bronchioles lead to _ _.
4. Alveolar ducts lead to _.
5. The purpose of alveolar sacs is to increas
Lecture 18 Questions
1. The oral mucosa produces _ (antimicrobial peptides).
2. The tongue mixes food with saliva to form a _.
3. The tongue is secured to mouth floor by the _ _.
DONT HAVE TO KNOW
4. Name the most numerous type of papillae
5. Name the 3 p
L22 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. General anatomy of urinary system includes 2 _, 2 _, a
_, & _.
2. Which of the following in NOT a substance normally eliminated by the
a. nitrogenous waste
3. Ionic balance of the kidneys inclu
L26 Study Questions
1. Erection in males is triggered by _ reflex
2. The release of this gas locally causes smooth muscle to relax?
3. Expansion of corpora cavernosa serves what function during erection?
4. Expansion of corpus spongiosum serves wha
L25 Study Questions
1. The reproductive system in the only system that lies _
2. Main function of reproductive system?
3. Primary reproductive organs are referred to as _ for
both males & females?
L23 Study Questions
1. _ is the functional unit of the kidney
2. Which of the following is NOT a vascular component (blood supply)
of the nephron?
b. Bowman's Capsule
c. vasa recta
d. afferent arteriole
3. Name the 4 vascular components of t
Lecture 21 Study Quetions
1. Name the 4 major layers of the digestive tract in order from lumen - out.
2. Which layer is closest to the lumen?
3. Which layer contain thick connective tissue with nerves, blood vessels, &
4. Which layer contro