What is a psychcological disorder?
- Physical dysfunction
o Breakdown in function
o Cognitive, Behavioral (throwing things), Emotional (something inside)
Accepted definition of disorders1. Behavioral, cognitive, or emotional dysfunctions
2. Unexpected in
1. PTSD: clinical description, possible causes, treatment.
- Follows exposure to a traumatic event
- Extreme fear, helplessness, and horror
- Re-experiencing of event through nightmares, memories, and flashbacks
- Diagnosis can be one month af
Substance Use Disorders and Impulse Control Disorders
Perspectives on Substance Related Disorders
Use and abuse of psychoactive substances