1. Let y[n] -1.1y[n-1] +0.46y[n-2] = x[n] +0.04x[n-1] +0.76x[n-2]. Find the vector a and b.
filter command: y = filter(b,a,X) filters the data in vector X with the filter described by numerator coefficient
vector "b" and denominator coefficient
IIR Filter Design
This project will explore and compare various methods for designing IIR filters.
There are 4 classical IIR filters and their counterparts (1) Butterworth, (2) Chebyshev, (3) Chebyshev II, (4) elliptic
The DFT and the FFT
This project will emphasize the practical aspects of the use of the DFT and the FFT in digital
1. Write a MATLAB function that implements a DFT using the DFT summation formula.
Z-transforms and Pole-Zero Response
This project will give you some exposure to z-transforms and the effects of pole and zero placement
on the frequency response of a digital filter.
1. Consider a four-pole/fo
1. To start MATLAB on a PC, simply go to Start->Programs and start MATLAB from the
2. To become familiar with some of the gee-whiz capabilities of MATLAB, try running
Sampling and Reconstruction
This project will investigate the effects of sampling and reconstruction.
1. Examine a sampled waveform:
(a) Sample the waveform x(t) = 2 sin 2500t + cos 700t at a sampling frequency of 16 kH
Difference Equations and Impulse Responses
This project will help you to become more familiar with linear-time invariant systems and their
representations with difference equations, impulse responses, and frequency resp
FIR Filter Design
This project will investigate three methods for FIR filter design windowing, frequency sampling,
and the Parks-McClellan algorithm.
1. Design a length-21 linear-phase FIR lowpass filter to ap