CHEM 371 Fall 2007 Professor Wilmes Exam 4 50 minutes
Name_ EMU ID#_ By signing below, I state that I agree to and will follow all aspects of the Student Conduct Code with regard to academic honesty: Signature__
Instructions: This is a closed book
Study Guide for Test 4
1. Know alkene, alcohol and alkyl halide nomenclature.
2. Know the alkene preparation reactions: EI and E2 mechanisms (everything we covered
including limitations); Alcohol dehydration, Dehydrohalogenation.
3. Know reagents,
CEM 211 practice for Klein chptrs 4-6
Difficulty Level: easy
1. What is the parent chain for the following compound?
Difficulty Level: easy
2. What is the parent chain for the f
Study Guide Test 5
Review material from test 4
Material covered from chapter 10 on alkynes.
Know how to incorporate radical reactions in organic synthesis.
Know free radical halogenation reaction mechanism.
Know the free radical polymeri
I. (25 points)
Men-Ci-chlorocyclopropene (Compound A) reacts with silver nitrate (AgN03), an ionic compound with
an open shell carbon cation (known as a carbocation) is formed (cyclopropeniurn nitrate, Compound B;
one of the resonance forms
Exam 2 (50 pts)
Name (print) _
(9 pts) For each of the following pairs of reactions:
Put a check in the blank by the FASTER reaction
b) Explain your choice underneath the pair
2. Use your answers on the
CHEM 371 Summer 2016 Quiz 8 6/11/16
Due Tuesday, 6/14/16 by 12 pm (NOTE: later due time)
Name LE“ ‘
1. Draw the products or reactants for the following reactions. Indicate stereochemistry where appropriate. 2. Complete the following synthesis problems. 2-
CHEM 371 Summer 2016 Quiz 7 6/06/ 16
Due Thurday, 6/8/16 by 8:30 am (beginning of class)
Name K a I
All questions are mostly from Chapter 10 (synthesis problems can be 9 or 10)
1. Draw the products for the following reactions. Indicate stereochemistry whe
Carbonation rearrangement practice problems
Which of the following cations would you expect to rearrange? Draw the rearranged cations where appropriate:
W _h N 0 (gamrvemeni‘
more on next page Draw the products for the following reactions. Be sure t
CHEM 371 Exam 4 (25 points) 12/07/15
Name (print) Signature
1. Describe the following reactions as oxidation, reduction or neither. (1.5 pts)
13) gt? CO C) 0 OH
\O \l)\ —> \i/\
3. Draw the mechanism and product for the following reactions. For radical
3) cyciopropyi z‘ert-buiyl eihe1
3. Are the foilowing alkenes E or Z? (3 p15)
a) 0\/ b) / c) \/
M y 1
w M m
a w. m
CHEM 371 H Exam 1 10/05/15
1. For each of the indicated atoms give the hybridization and give the orbitals responsible for the indicated
bonds or lone pairs. (3.5 pts).
2. For each P
Convert the following to Newman protections looking, down the lnalcated bond
21. LEFT to RlGHT
l1 RIGHT to LE?
Convert the following Newman projections to skeletal structures
H OH H30H CH3 H2N ‘.
H O“ H o
6: $1“? mt: 51.95% N iii H
wk K “a