Multicultural Psychology 1) What is culture? a) Culture: a set of learned behaviors, ideas, and attitudes shared by a large group (2+ members) of people and transmitted from one generation to the next. (Cant Change!.Change=Fad!) b) 3 characteristics
1) Sensation VS Perception a) Measuring Sensation i) Theories of sensation measurement (1) Absolute Threshold Smallest intensity that can be detected (2) Difference Threshold (TV volume example) (a) Just-Noticeable Difference (JND): the point at whi
A FEW STUDY QUESTIONS FOR CHAPTER ON LEARNING
A positive reinforcer is a good thing that arrives before the target behavior.
A. getting in physical shape.
B. setting up the necessary conditions or circumstances fo
Quiz 1 Study Guide
Psych 150 FALL 2016
John said that he could scientifically (i.e., using the
scientific method) disprove the existence of god. (Hint: Consider
the limitations of science.) As a bright and able student of
introductory psychology, give
Quiz 6 on Memory Study Guide
1. Researchers have discovered that:
A. it is possible to remember something that happened two days ago even if it
never was encoded into long-term memory.
B. long-term memory is dependent upon the uninterrupted electrical act
Quiz 7 STUDY GUIDE (IQ)
Research has shown that, in the little known country of Iignoorants, in the large city of
Blyssphul, the children in the center of the city have a group mean IQ of 90 and the children
living in the suburbs have a group mean IQ of 1
Quiz 5 Study Guide
According to lecture, physical punishment is:
A. almost always unnecessary.
B. almost always harmful.
C. a form of classical conditioning.
D. A and B are both correct.
Learning by observation is:
A. classical conditioning.
Quiz 3 study guide
1. Developmental psychology studies
(c)_development from conception to death.
2. Piaget studied (CIRCLE ONE): cognitive
development in children.
3. According to Piaget, fittin
1. . In the sexual response cycle, which sex has a refractory period.
2. In lecture, Dr. Van Treese described Robert Sternbergs triangular theory of love. Fill in the three points of the
3. In regards to
QUIZ 2 STUDY GUIDE
1. In the early stage, Alzheimers primarily damages the:
B. occipital lobes
C. temporal lobes
D. corpus callosum. .
2. What is the function of the corpus callosum?
A. recognition of faces
B. important in s
Exam FALL 2016 STUDY QUESTIONS
1. Psychological research that focuses on uncovering new information without regard to the possible practical
applications is called
A. basic research.
B. spurious research.
C. clinical research.
D. unethical research.
1) Chapter 13 a) What is abnormal behavior? -actions, thoughts, and feelings that are harmful to the person or others. i) American Psychiatric Association (APA) (1) Deviation from average and ideal: behaviors that deviate from the norm that can be me
Action Potential-A nerve impulse.
Adrenal Glands-Pair of endocrine glands that sit just above the
kidneys and secrete hormones that help arouse the body in times
All-or-none Response-A neuron's reaction of either firing (with
a full-strength re