Bio chem test 3
1. When you have high levels of insulin in your blood explain what happens.
2. When regulating Fructose-6 Phosphate to F 1,6 BP which 5 things are
involved and do they activate or inhibit PFK-1?
3. Explain PFK-2 and FBPase-2 and
Biochem Practice Exam 2
1. What does 2,3 BPG do in relation to Hb?
2. Draw 2,3 BPG.
3. Why are enzymes important?
4. There are 6 classes of enzymes; List the name of three.
5. Explain the difference between lock and key and induced fit.
Biochem test 2 key
1. 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate (BPG)
BPG decreases Hb affinity for oxygen
when BPG is present it indicates that cells are undergoing metabolism & need
BPG binds to Hb in the T state
o it can also bind to the R state and help trans
Biochem test 3 key
1. You active GLUT4 transporter causing more glucose to get into the cytosol. It enhances or activates
hexokinase (increasing glycolysis and other energy pathways) and glycogen synthase (promoting the
production of glycogen).