Ch 1: Intro to OB
1. Absorptive capacity: ability to recognize value of new info, assimilate it, and use it for value-added activities.
2. Corp. social responsibility (CSR): org activities intended to benefit society and the environment beyond the firms
1. Balanced scorecard (BSC): goal-setting and reward system that translates the orgs viosion and mission
into specific, measurable performance goals related to financial, customer, internal, and learning/growth
(i.e., human capital) processes.
Ch 6: Performance Practices
1. Autonomy: the degree to which a job gives employees the freedom, independence, and discretion to schedule
their work and determine the procedures used in completing it.
2. Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs): a rew
Ch 7: Decision Making and Creativity
1. Anchoring and adjustment heuristic: a natural tendency for people to be influenced by an initial anchor point
such that they dont sufficiently move away from that point as new info is provided.
2. Availability heuri
Ch 8: Team Dynamics
1. Brainstorming: a freewheeling, face-to-face meeting where team members arent allowed to criticize but are
encouraged to speak freely, generate as many ideas as possible, and build on ideas of others.
2. Brooks law: the principle tha