9_ Two positive point charges Q and 2Q,are separated by a distance R If the charge Q experiences
a force of magnitude F when the separation is R, what 15 the magnitude of the three on 2Q when
the separation is 2R?
a efng) (1 - :/ Mi ,6
b3; _ F ., #5 J r _
. art 11.
1. For the gure shown, what is the
magnitude and direction of the net
force 011 the +15hC charge due to
the other charges?
615.0% vi Jt 05.9VVg1,
W M #Fk
.5 $62 "imam A!
L, Igibmmggi WE er Lgigixw
v M . ; Wlmw
E " L. (
49. A What is the electric ux passing through a Gaussian Surface that Slilrounds a +0.075C poi: mm
a.) 8.5r109Nm3/c Efr: Q
h.) 6.8x108Nm2/C 5"
10. E r A total charge of ~6.50nC is uniformly distribut
True or False:
1. T The electric eld at a point in space is a measure of the electric force per unit charge on a test
2. E The strength of the electric field between tWo oppositely charged parallel plates is constant
/ between the plates. ,fo
H st-Lrt-t-sg. urr\:cw:>~'~>zn<a
F R A-.3.00g pith ball is placed between the plates of a
$25 9 7 3 X Y ' f 2 charged capacitor. The area of each plate is
3.0x10'5m2. There is an electric eld between the
-_-.-:-r":=.;- E: 0 N
m " (400 /C plates of E = 6
H + .
A * > Noam Hum 33 S: :8 m +9098 93% aa a
E H rmbmwum W08 m: 9338a 93mm W05 m Ema/5Q
.F 0?:an Ram? 22. 25 am: 35% m woo maa WEB
a: + Ea $303.
.3 Eng Em ammuncmm 0. $5 $3.30 norm on So Ema.
a , J xxxymm
A LEN? x, g 80:0
True or False:
When a glass rod is rubbed with a silk cloth, the rod becomes positively charged as negative charges
are transferred from the rod to the silk.
When an ebonite rod 1s rubbed with animal fur, the rod becomes n
. Ahelium nucleus is located between the n: m w P a .i
plates of a parallel plate capacitor. The
nucleus has a charge of+2e and a mass e 4&4:
of 6.6x10'27kg. Each plate has an area
of 6.0X10'2m2. I 5 .Q a ; t]
a.) What is the magnitude of the electr
Leb OO3Th q.;:af
Tbccum ir sonb 5tl p<intl rad is dividodiruotuo prst. Pdt I b 20 poitrt$ I poiutcrcb ftr trsc or fa,lscad 2 poinlsoacbfor
True or False:
Thespacingof thelinesof forcein thevicinityof two point chargesocfw_sggal-aagi1gggand
ir unigr.ly !,rE,butg! throughoutthevolum
insulator.Theobjectswill g!-each otherif thc
of thc electricfield at a pointin spaccdoesnot lependonth
innrlator. Bothobjectswill attracteach
A chargedconductoris broughtnaranuncharged
A longasits anengfosed
Golf Scramble Registrations
Hole in One
1 On Par
2 On Par
3 On Par
4 On Par
5 Tee it Up
6 Tee it Up
7 Tee it Up
8 Tee it Up
9 Hole in One
10 Hole in One
11 Hole in One
Painted Paradise Resort Wedding Planner
Bride's Family Name
Groom's Family Name
Estimated # of Guests
Guest Dependent Costs
Express Car Rental
Annual National Rental Data/ Vehicles Rented by Type
Created by Thomas Reynolds
Costume Sales Data
Number Sold Profit
255 $ 6,676.45
236 $ 5,439.64
241 $ 5,854.59
212 $ 5,170.88
262 $ 6,469.38
253 $ 6,466.47
283 $ 7,098.17
222 $ 5,540.78
Chapter Extension 2 Collaborative Information Systems for Student Projects
1) _ are useful when a team needs to meet on some topic but everyone cannot meet at
the same time.
B) Discussion forums
2) Discussion forums are one of
Chapter 1 The Importance of MIS
1) The number of transistors per square inch on an integrated chip doubles every 18 months. This
observation is known as _ Law.
2) Which of the following statements is true o
Chapter 3 Organizational Strategy, Information Systems, and Competitive Advantage
1) The competitive strategy of an organization determines its _.
A) industry rivals
C) value chains
D) strategic alliances
2) The competitive strategy followed
Chapter 4 Hardware and Software
1) The _ selects instructions, processes them, performs arithmetic and logical
comparisons, and stores results of operations in memory.
A) central processing unit (CPU)
B) random access memory (RAM)
C) hard disk
Chapter Extension 1 Collaboration Information Systems for Decision Making, Problem
Solving, and Project Management
1) _ is defined as a group of people working together to achieve a common goal via a
process of feedback and iteration.
A) Abstract reasonin