1. What is the function of SNMP within the network infrastructure?
a. Part of the TCP/IP protocol suite, SNMP enables network administrators to
manage network performance, locate and resolve network issues, and plan for
How can Johnson Company update its communication methods to reach out to new customers?
By using networking services such as the World Wide Web to reach out to their customers. Ads
in newspapers and magazines are good but ads on the Internet or TV would r
IS3120 Network Communications Infrastructure
Unit 4 Assignment 4
October 7, 2014
Unit 4 Assignment 4: IP Address Schema Design for a Medium-Sized Business.
Will you use a private address scheme for internal addressing? Using a private IP
Unit 1 Assignment 1: Effects of Routing on Current Communication Methods
Used by Organizations
The Johnson Company provides networking components and services. It sounds
simple, but management knows it takes a lot of planning to get it right. Retail produ
1. Wireless LAN- a local area network that provides connectivity without the use of wires as
2. 3 advantages of a WLAN easy to add or remove workstations from the network, easier
to provide connectivity in areas that would be otherwise difficult
Unit 1 assignment
With the specifications provided there quite a few things that the Johnson Company can do to
help improve its communication. The first thing that the company should do is that they should
have a better way for cu
IS3120 Networking Infrastructure
IS 3110 Risk Management
Lab 1 Assignment
Mon. Night class 3/25/13
Lab 2 Assement Questions
1. Low= User destroys data in applications and deletes all files, Intra-office employee
romance gone bad
a. Med= Workstation browser has softw
In place controls help reduce risk by filtering out whats good and whats bad from the very
beginning of implementation. They can later be changed based on the requirements of the
Physical controls such as phys
Risk Management IS3110
Task 1: Identify key stakeholders, their roles and responsibilities, and the impact
of fiduciary responsibility on each.
The key stakeholders for this project would be the CCO, CIO, CSO, CFO, and CTO.
IS3110 Risk Management
Unit Assignment 1: Application of Risk Management Techniques
1. Having all three main servers at one location creates a high risk of the company having all of its
services go down at once
IS 3110 risk management notes
Best practices for managing threats
Create a security policy
Use access controls
Principle of least privilege
principle of need to know
Include input validation
You can also use train
Unit 3 assignment
The world of the internet has come a long way. It has also gotten much faster since its earliest
days. Some of the changes in speed are due to newer devices that connect the internet as well as
new standards and
Unit 5 assignment
To address the issue of unreliable connectivity and low speeds across the wireless network, it is
apparent that the network should be upgraded from a 802.11b protocol to a 802.11n protocol
network. The 802.11n pr
Unit 8 Assignment 8: Solving a Business Challenge Using Distance Vector IP
Solving a Business Challenge Using Distance Vector IP Routing
After analyzing the scenario of the Acme Distribution Center, I, Sam Elliot an IT
consultant, came to the conc
1. What is the purpose of the address resolution protocol?
a. Maps IP addresses to MAC addresses
2. What is the purpose of the dynamic host control protocol?
a. Dynamically assigns IP addresses based on a preset scope
Unit 7 assignment
Fifth Main Bank in replacement of its current switched phone system would be best suited in
using a VOIP system. VOIP stands for voice over internal protocol. It is much more useful and
efficient than a packet sw
1. You can click Disable all and choose the IP and CDP tabs.
2. In the Summary window or Wireshark capture option window.
3. The Frame is as follows: Starting Delimiter (1 byte) Destination Address (6 bytes) Source
Address (6 bytes) Leng
1. What is meant by the term classful routing?
a. Classful routing is when you divide IP addresses into blocks called classes, Each
class has its own benefits and disadvantages in the area of how many hosts or
subnets they c
1. What are the three benefits of implementing VLANs within a network?
a. More efficient use of bandwidth
b. Reduce collision zones
c. Better security through separation of sensitive data flow
2. What are some drawbacks of i
1. Define the term subnetting.
a. Splitting a network into multiple smaller networks to allow for more available IP
2. Define the term supernetting.
a. Supernetting, also known as classless inter-domain routing, ta
Routing Protocol that do not send subnet mask information when a route update is sent
out. All devices in the network must use the same subnet mask.
2. Support for VLSM, the use of 48-bit addresses, routing updates do no
1. The Show Version command
4. Use the configure terminal command in privileged mode
6. Specific settings for 0x2102
a. Boots into bootstrap
b. Ignores break
c. Boots into ROM if initial boot fail
Unit 2 assignment
The world of the Ethernet is constantly evolving at a rapid rate that is increasing
exponentially. Aspects like data speed and capacity is growing and will continue to grow as the
demand for faster speeds and lar
Information security (IS) mangament
The purpose of this plan is to management risk in accordance with the payment card industry data
security standard (PCI DSS). In order for our company to meet PCI DSS compliance requirements and
remain compliant over ti
Risk Management IS3110
Unit 3 Discussion 1: Risk Management Process
Risk Management is the identification, assessment and prioritization of risk followed by
coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor a
1. Credit card numbers can be stolen and orders can be shipped other places
2. Clients information could be taken and used for personal gain
3. Real estate can be gained applicants personal info and credit information
a) Marketing: FE85:4A2B:1f3F
b) Sales: fe85:4a2b:203f
The Subnet mask
2.Maximum number of Subnets
3.Maximum number of Hos
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is the signaling communications protocol that is used for
controlling multimedia communication sessions such as voice and video calls over Internet
1. When would you use an ABR as opposed to an ASBR?
I would use ABR as to ASBR is when I want to connect one or more OSPF areas to the
backbone of the Network
2. What are the effects of using two