1. The graph of a tangent function is given below. Find the equation of the graph
in the form y = A tan (Bx C).
a. Find A. The y-coordinate of the points on the graph and of the way
between the consecutive asymptotes are given by 1 and 1 respectively.
1. Find the exact value of:
a. sin 300
(Negative because its in the fourth Quadrant)
b. tan (405) (Hint: 405 = 360 + 45)
c. cot ( (Hint: )
2. If sin < 0 and tan < 0, then in which quadrant does lie?
3. Find the exact value of sin , if cos = and lies in qu
1. What is a directed line segment?
A directed line segment is a line segment in which a direction has been
2. What are equal vectors?
Equal vectors are two vectors that have the same magnitude and the same
3. Let v be a vector from i
1. Define the Law of Sines.
Law of Sines is an equation relating the lengths of the sides of an arbitrary
triangle to the sines of its angles.
2. Define the Law of Cosines.
Law of cosines are useful for determining the third side of a triangle when two
1. Explain why and represent the same points in polar coordinates.
These represent the same points because adding 180 to an angle and
replacing r with r does not change the points location.
2. Match the point in polar coordinates with either A, B, C, or D