1-323. Define the following terms: Sorting Algorithm; Ascending order; and Descending order.
A sorting algorithm rearranges the contents of an array so they appear in a specific order. If an
array is sorted in ascendi
1. Define Array.
An array allows you to store a group of items of the same data type together in memory.
Processing a large number of items in an array is usually easier than processing a large number
of items stored i
1. Define and explain the term Function.
A function is a module that returns a value back to the part of the program that called it.
2. Define Modules.
A group of statements that exist within a program for the purpose
Homework Week 4
1. Explain the concept of the loop or repetition structure.
A loop can be used to repeat a sequence of statements rather than continually repeat the
2. Define the following condition-controlled loop
1-115. What is a control structure?
2-116. What is a decision structure used for?
3-118. What is a Boolean expression?
4-118. What is a relational operator?
5-119. What is the meaning of the following operators?
Weekly Assignment 3
1. Define a module.
A module is a group of statements that exist within a program for the purpose of performing a
2. What are four other names that are the same as the term module?
1. What does it mean to debug a program?
Debugging a program is when the programmer finds and corrects the code that is causing the
2. What steps are in the program development cycle?
Design the program, write t
1) What is a program?
A program is a set of instructions that a computer follows to perform a task.
2) What are the typical computer system components
Typical computer system components are: CPU, Main Memory, Secondary Storage Devices,