Unit 3 Assignment 1
1. How many bits of mask are required to provide 30 host addresses?
30 = 11110
2. How many networks will be created using a 255.255.0.0 given a class A IP network (i.e., 10.0.0.0)?
September 21, 2014
IP Addresses Classes and Special Use IP Address Space
Network classes were introduced in 1981 because 24- bits for host addresses can hold
16,777,214 IP addresses and every organization in the world did not need a
NT2640: Week 2 Networking Devices
Answer the following review questions.
Which of the following are functions of OSI Layer 3 protocols?
Complete List of Terms and Definitions for NT2640 IP Networking Midterm
1. Collision Domains - When 2 sub netted networks are using the same router.
2. ARP & IP - Which 2 protocols act on transport layer only?
3. Data Encapsulation - Process of putting he
What are the two protocols used at the OSI Transport Layer? TCP and UDP
1. Identify the layer for the following protocols.
Purpose of Protocol
TCP is transfer protocol that ensures that all
Physical Layer 1
It defines the electrical and physical specifications of the data connection. It defines
the relationship between a device and a physical transmission medium (e.g., a copper
or fiber optical cable). This includes the layout of
IP Addresses, Classes, and Special-Use IP Address Space
Class A Addresses
Class A addresses are used for very large networks with millions of hosts, such as the Internet. A
Class A network number uses the first 8 bits of the
Unit 4: Cisco IOS Admin Distances & Route Preferences
1. Provide information in table form comparing the administrative distance / route preference of
CISCO IOS and Juniper JUNOS respectively.
Cisco Default Distance
NT2640: Week 1 TCP/IP
Answer the following review questions.
Which of the following protocols are examples of TCP/IP transport layer protocols? (More than one answer
could be correct.)
Unit 7 Assignment 1: IP Troubleshooting Procedures
The TRACEROUTE (tracert) command is a route-tracing utility used to determine the
path that an IP packet has taken to reach a destination. The TRACERT diagnostic
Unit 8 Assignment 1: IPv6 Address Type Multicast
Page | 1
IPv6 Address Type - Multicast
Neighbor discovery - IPv6 addresses are categorized into three basic types: unicast
address, multicast address, and any cast address. Solicited-Nod
Unit 2 Assignment 1
Networking Protocol Numbers
1. What organization has been given the responsibility for assigning protocol numbers?
IANA, The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
2. Determine the protocol numbers for the p
NT2640 IP Networking
Unit 5 Assignment 1 Cisco Networks: EIGRP vs OSPF
IGRP or Interior Gateway Routing Protocol, was the favored protocol before EIGRP
came onto the scene. Cisco created IGRP in the mid-eighties as a fix to the limited RIP. I
October 13, 2014
Step 6: Yes
A: First I used end, configure terminal, interface fa0/0, and shutdown.
A: One route is connected172.30.10.0 is directly connected. It is different becaus
October 19, 2014
Unit 5 Assignment 1
Cisco Networks EIGRP versus OSPF
Does not support TE.
Cisco owned private routing
protocol, not been suppor
October 26, 2014
Lab 1: Subnetting and Addressing I
4. Fa0/0 I would use "IP address 192.168.20.65 255.255.255.192" and would use "IP address
192.168.20.129 255.255.255.192" use the interface command to do this.
6. Fa0/0 I would use
October 30, 2014
35. IP Addressing and Configuration 1
Part 2: Configure the Router LAN Interfaces
5. Configure terminal, interface fastethernet0/0, IP address 10.0.0.254 255.255.255.0 no
shutdown, and end.
6. No it did not ad
November 3, 2014
Unit 7 Assignment 1
IP Troubleshooting Procedures
The Trace Route (tracert) command is a route-tracing utility used to determine the path that an IP
packet has taken to reach a destination. When used for troubleshooting the
November 18, 2014
Unit 10 Lab
Serial Link Configuration I
It says DCE V.35, clock rate 64000.
Serial Link Configuration II
3. The status is S0/0/0 is up and line protocol is up.
8. The S0/0/0 is up and the line protocol is down.
November 24, 2014
Unit 10 Assignment
Frame Relay Migration to MPLS
The benefits provided by a MPLS WAN versus a Frame Relay WAN are as follows:
Unlike Frame Relay yo
Unit 8 Assignment 1
IPv6 Address Type Multicast
Multicast enables you to send a single packet but still communicate with multiple systems on the
network. IPv4 can employ multicast but in IPv6 multicast takes a much more prominent
September 23, 2014
Unit 2 Lab
Switch CLI Configuration Process 1
Step 3. It does not ask you for a password.
Step 5. Hostname
Step 6. It changed to Fred(config)#.
Step 8. No you cannot see the hostname command.
Step 9. No you cannot see the