Unit 7 Assignment 1
1. Previous attempts to protect user accounts have resulted in users writing long passwords
down and placing them near their workstations. Users should not write down passwords
or create passwords that attackers could eas
Unit 10 Lab questions
Why is it important to run the MBSA?
It is important to run the MBSA because it help keeps your system safe and up-to-date.
What does an MBSA analysis look for?
MBSA analysis looks for missing security updates and less s
Unit 9 Assignment 2
Software tools (note which CSIRT functional needs each product meets):
1. Archer Incident Management- Managing an incidents tasks and activities
2. D3 Incident Reporting and Case Management- Reporting on incidents
Unit 9 Lab questions
What services were attacked on the IIS server?
All of the services were attacked on the server.
How many failed logins were detected?
There were 40 failed login attempts.
Between what time and what time did the at
Unit 8 Assignment 2
1. What functions should this software application provide?
The ERP software should ensure that all Web Browsers only allow users to use sites
that are business productive and secure. The software should also be usable
Unit 8 Lab Questions
1. What are the steps you took to harden IIS on the Windows Sever? Explain why these
steps are necessary?
By setting up an NTFS drive for the IIS application and data only. Setting the
NTFS permissions for the drive and
Unit 7 lab questions
1. How should you apply the settings the first time you try working with SCW? You
should install and enable all services and applications that you intend to use before
analyzing a server with SCW. By default it could sh
Unit 8 Assignment 1
1. The ERP software vendor reports that some customers have experienced denial-of-
service (DoS) attacks from computers sending large volumes of packets to mail servers
on the Web server computers.
Remove the mail server
Unit 7 Assignment 2
Hardening Windows Authentication, Networking, and Data
1. Writing a policy to enforce complex passwords is part of the planning process. There
should be a well thought out plan that will identify and analyze problems foun
Unit 6 Assignment 1
PROCEDURE GUIDE ON RESTORING A SYSTEM
This procedure guide is for restoring a system if you were to arrive at work to a desktop
computer that will not boot. If you get into this situation and your computer will not boot
Unit 3 Assignment 1
1. Which Windows encryption feature would best provide encryption for all the floor
managers local files while leaving other users files unencrypted?
2. Which Windows encryption feature would ensure this
Unit 4 Lab 4 questions
1. What is the one thing that a virus, worm, spyware, and malicious code have in common?
What are the differences among these four threats: a virus, a worm, spyware, and a
Virus, Worms, and spyware and
Unit 4 Assignment 2
Malware Policy Procedure Guide
To protect the Ken 7 computing environment from the introduction of malware of any type from
external sources, all external computers and devices must demonstrate that they are malware free
Unit 3 Lab Questions
1. Within a Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2 environment, who has access rights to the
EFS features and function in the server?
All users have access rights to the EFS features and function
2. There are three modes of ac
Lab 5 Questions
1. Some other available password policy options that could be enforced to improve security
are enforcing password history, setting a maximum password age, setting password
2. Storing passwords using reversible encryp
Unit 3 Assignment 2
a computer on the Domain
http:/www.abcwindows.internal.com/erpplanning.aspx using a
computer on the Domain