1. CUPS supports IPP, LPD/LPR, HTTP, SMB, and JetDirect (socket) protocols.
3. system-config-printer, CUPS web interface, and lpadmin.
4. a uniform resource identifier (URI) is a string of characters used to iden
1. A. A delimiter is a sequence of one or more characters used to specify the boundary
between separate, independent regions in plain text or other data streams.
B. *- Matches the preceding element zero or more times. F
Research Assignment 2
Microsoft posted a summary of 235 patents that were allegedly violated by free
and open source software, including Linux, samba, openoffice.org and others. Microsoft
entered into a series of contracts with NOVELL
Research Assignment 1
SELinux is a great security feature. SELinux has three modes of operation called
states. These states include enforcing, permissive, and disabled. It was developed by
the NSA (National Security Agency). SELinux i
1.edit your /etc/xinet.d/telnet change the port 22 for 25 and diable = yes to disable = no stop
sendmail restart xinetd.
2. File: "df": which stores the body of the message. File: "qf": which stores the headers and
1. The company that originally created NIS was Sun Microsystems
2. The configuration file used to tell Linux which system to use for name resolution and
authentication is /etc/ncsd.conf
3. Before NIS can store the information
1. A DNS servers that is setup with to preform recursive queries or an SQL server.
2. An A (address) record points to a domain.
3. identifies the email servers for a domain
4. $ hostname example.com or $ dig example.com
1. A. df utility
B. # usr/sbin/showmount e
C. /nfs 192.168.10.0/24(ro)
D. mount nfsserv:/mnt /nfs
F. Because your password is sent with cleartext across the network
G. [homes] share
H. /etc/smb/smb.conf or
1. A. In discretionary access control permissions are set usually by the resource owner. In
mandatory access control permissions are set by fixed rules based on policies and
cannot be overridden by users. Although manda
1. 0 shuts down the system, 1 brings the system to single-user/rescue mode,
2/3/4 brings the system to multiuser textual mode, 5 brings the system to
multiuser graphical mode, and 6 reboots the system.
2. 0 and 6