Lab 3: Define the Scope & Structure for an IT Risk Management Plan
1. The purpose of the Risk Management Plan is to define how risks will be managed,
monitored and controlled throughout the project.
2. Identify the Risks, Asse
Unit 4 Lab 1
1. The goal or objective of an IT risk assessment is identify and control how risks
will be managed, monitored, and controlled.
2. It is difficult to conduct a qualitative risk assessment for an IT infrastructure
because it is more of an opin
Unit 5 Lab 1
1. The difference between NMAP and Nessus is that NMAP is used for mapping a
networks hosts and their open ports while Nessus is a vulnerability scanner.
2. The scanning application that is better for performing a network discovery
Unit 2 Lab 1
1. User domain risk
Workstation domain risk
Application domain risk
3. Confidentiality When personal information is compromised.
Integrity When a risk management reporter walks in.
Availability Having backup servers.
4. User domain imp
Unit 4 Assignment 1
1. Estimate the qualitative and quantitative risks of bringing the project to completion:
On time: little to no risk because the project would be developed and fully operational
within the time limit of the contract.
One month early: t
Unit 3 Lab 1
1. The goal or objective of an IT risk management plan is to define risks and how
they will be managed, monitored, and controlled throughout a company.
2. The five fundamental components of an IT risk management plan are identify the
Unit 1 Lab 1
1. Unauthorized access from a public internet would violate HIPPA in the reasoning
that anyone can look over your shoulder and see your credentials and/or your
work information including information like health disabilities or social security
The date and time stamp of the Nmap host scan is 2010-07-31 13:36 Eastern Daylight
Time. The amount of tests or scripts ran during the scan was 67. The amount of ports that are
open on the targeted host is 50. The servi
HIPPA compliance law
Table of Contents
Chapter One Introduction
1.1 Purpose and Applicability
1.2 Target audience
1.3 Related Publications
1.4 Organization of this Special Publication
Chapter Two The Fundamentals
Lab 2: Align Risk, Threats, & Vulnerabilities to COBIT P09 Risk Management Controls
1. A. A low risk factor is Intra-office employee romance gone bad.
B. A medium risk factor is Workstation OS has a known software vulnerabili
Risk Management Plan:
The risk management plans purpose is to identify what risks DLIS has.
Risk Assessment Plan:
The risk assessment plans purpose is to identify how dangerous the risks identified in the risk
Unit 6 Lab 1
1. It is important to prioritize your risks, threats, and vulnerabilities to identify which ones
are paramount to fix. The risks, threats, vulnerabilities that present the largest problem to
your network should be priority one while everythin