1. Which of the following is true about a TCP/IP network?
. The network uses only standards defined in TCP/IP RFCs.
b. The network uses standards defined in TCP/IP RFCs, plus other standards.
c. The IT personnel m
Lab 1.5: Creating a File System Approximate Lab Time: 10 15 min. Materials Needed: PC Lab
( Windows, Linux, or Mac OS) For this lab, you will explore basic memory organization and
retrieval in a computer system. This will require the use of a PC w
Why are standards so important for NICs, connectors, and media? Use your textbook and
Internet research to justify your answer. So everything has set guide lines to reduce the
possibility of errors. Because Stability, Consistency, Minimization of packet e
1. Which of the following types of LANs was a compeditor of Ethernet LANs from the earliest days of
Wired LANs in the 1980's and into the 1990's?
c. Token Ring
d. Metro Ethernet
c. Token Ring
2. Which of the following types o
1. Which of the following answers describes the TCP/IP network layer?
. Provides end-to-end routing
b. Focused on operations that occur on IP hosts
c. Defines physical operations rather than logical
d. Defines LAN and WAN operations
2. Which of the
1. A user of a home telephone picks up her phone and makes a telephone call to a friends
telephone in another part of town. Which of the following is likely to be true about this call?
. It uses a single pair of wires on the local loop at eac
1. You have created a simple electrical circuit with a battery, wires, and a light bulb. Which of
following is true about this circuit? (Choose two answers.)
. The batterys positive lead pushes current away from that lead.
b. The batterys po
What is the decimal value of Byte 1 by itself? What is the decimal value of Byte 2 by itself?
What is the decimal equivalent of the binary sequence in Figure 1- 12 (the combined sequence of
Byte 1 a