Analysis: Attitudes and Cognitive Dissonance
ITT Technical Institute
1. What are your impressions of Nash in the opening of the film while hes attending
graduate school at Princeton? While attending gradua
Chapter 4: Sensation and Perception
Chapter 5: States of Consciousness
Discussion Questions and Activities
1. Define sensation and perception.
a. sensation: The process of detecting, converting, and transmittin
REM And Stages Of Sleep
1. Explain the difference between waking consciousness and altered states
of consciousness, providing examples of each in your explanation, and
discuss the reasons for natural variations in consciousness.
Nature Versus Nurture
1. There has long been a nature versus nurture debate within psychology.
What is the nature versus nurture debate? Which do you believe,
nature or nurture? Support your answer.
a. It's a scientific, cultural, and ph
States of Consciousness: Sleep Deprivation
1. What is the purpose of sleep? How much sleep is enough for an infant? A
toddler? An Adolescent? An Adult? A senior citizen (older adults)? Do you
get the required number of hours of sleep a d