Unit 4 Assignment 1: Toulmin Analysis
a. What is the claim? Is it explicitly stated, or did you have to infer it?
b. What are some examples of support?
c. What are the authors warrants? Does the author supply backing for the warrants? If yes, how?
d. Do y
EN1420 Comp. 2
Unit 5 Assignment 2: Summary-Response
Michael Crichton wrote an article called, Lets Stop Scaring Ourselves. In this essay he wrote
about how people would bestow to claims that the world or civilization was about to
EN1420 Composition II
Unit 2 Assignment 1: Chapter Review and TRACE
1. What are the five elements in the rhetorical situation? Use TRACE to help you remember.
2. How can a reader use the rhetorical situation to analy
Making a claim:
I observed _ when _.
I compared _ and _.
I noticed _, when _.
The effect of _ on _ is _.
The evidence I use to support _ is _.
I believe _ (statement) because _ (justification).
I know that _ is _ because _.
Based on _,
1. Signs: What symptoms or signs will demonstrate that this is so?
2. Induction: What examples can I use and what conclusions can I draw from
them? Are they convincing enough to help the reader make the inductive leap?
3. Cause: What has caused this? Why