Is3230 Unit 2 Assignment 1
Selecting Security Countermeasures
As a technology associate in the information system department at
Corporation Tech I have reviewed the new network design and identified
possible security threats and appropriated counte
Is3220 Week 7
VPN connectivity troubleshooting checklist
1. Users can't access file servers
If the user can access the file server using an IP address but not a name, then the most likely
reason for failure to connect is a name resolution problem.
1. Was I successful in finding my States data and security breach notification law?
Specify the name of the law and the date of its ratification.
Yes, MD Code Law $ 14-3501 et secp, MD State Govt. C
1. Which US government agency acts as the legal enforcement entity
for businesses and organizations involved in commerce?
The Federal Trade Commission.
2. Which US government agency acts as the legal enf
Lab 1 B - Assessment Questions
1. Not all information has the same value or importance to an agency so by identifying IT asset
and inventory organization has a detailed knowledge of what they need to protect
2. Information asset class
LAB # 7
1. What was the premise behind the Recording Industry Association of Americas lawsuit
RIAA sued Napster since there were Copyright infringement violations.
2. Based on you knowledge of how Napster works, if you downloaded a copy o
1. What is the mission statement of the Electronic Frontier Foundation?
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) will support and engage in public
education on current and future developments in computer-based and
Litigation Hold Checklist
A litigation hold is the process used to preserve documents and data that may be relevant to litigation. One
of the principal rules is that whenever litigation is reasonably anticipated, threatened or pending against an
UNIVERSITY OF ELDERSBURG
The University of Eldersburg and the State of Eldersburg require that different types of
records be retained for specific periods of time, an
Document Retention Policy and Litigation Hold Notices
During my research and writing the document retention policy and litigation hold
notices, I found that there are many different strict rules and regulation that must
be adhered to. Record reten
Litigation Hold Notice
To: Office of the President, University of Eldersburg
From: Maryland State Department of Education
Copy: Office of Legal Counsel and all College Staff
Preservation of Relevant Inform
Litigation Hold Procedures
Electronic Records Requirements
Effective December 1, 2006, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure were amended to require
preservation and retention of certain "Electronically Stored Information" or 'ESI.' Under these
LAB #1 / PART B ASSET IDENTIFICATION & ASSET CLASSIFICATION
1. What is the purpose of identifying IT Assets and inventory?
To know what assets are on the Network and how critical of a risk each
Lab # 2 Case Study on U.S. Veteran Affairs and Loss of Privacy Information
1. The different privacy law and information systems security, since security is
necessary to create privacy which is also a human right.
2. Yes, si
1. Which IT assets did you prioritize as critical to administrative or student
The IT assets I listed as critical to both were File Servers, Dedicated
Storage on the servers for the teachers for student information, Firewalls,
Cyber Stalking or Cyber Bullying and Laws to Protect Individuals
1. Cyber stalking is the repeated use of electronic communications to harass or
frighten someone, for example by sending threatening e-mails.
Three threats to node security for smartphones are they can become an
Lab #3 Case Study on PCI DSS Non-Compliance Q&A
1. Did CardSystems Solutions break any federal law?
Yes, they broke the FTC Act 15 which is a federal law.
2. Card Systems Solutions claims to have hired an auditor to assess
Litigation Hold Notice
Employees of Company A Who May Have Relevant Information
From: In-house Counsel
Preservation of Relevant Information:
Paper Documents and Electronically Stored Information
Date: May 31, 2011
We are currently