1. Assume that the following files are in the working directory:
Give the commands for each of the following, using wildcards to
6. How can you disable SELinux?
SELinux is completely switched off in the kernel. This allows all operations to be
permitted, and also disables the process which decides what to label files & processes with.
1. Which co
Unit 1 Chapter Exercises
1. What is free software? List 3 characteristics of free software.
Free software is software that users have the freedom to distribute and change.
Three characteristics are: The source code has to be distributed w
Unit 2 Lab 3
Unit 2 Lab 3
Chapter 6, Lab 2: Managing File and Directory Permissions (1520 minutes)
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
You will use the Linux command line interface (CLI) and manage file and directory access using
file permission settings.
Unit 2 The Linux Utilities
Unit 2: The Linux Utilities
1. Which commands can you use to determine who is logged in on a specific terminal?
Finger, w, who, whoami, who am i
2. How can you keep other users from using write to communicate wi
UNIT 7 ASSIGNMENT: QUESTIONS
1. Which of the following utilities is installed by default and helps you upgrade software packages?
2. Which of the following directories might a non-rpm package be installed?
3. What is the purpose of th