NORTHERN SOUL AND
C lass Notes 3-28-2012!
(Start 2nd paper 5-7 pages, researching)!
PSR reading !
lack of distinct groups!
appropriation of tribal art- > neotribal culture!
- neotribe expanded out from!
- modern urban groups into these s
what is fetish?!
part of object, as compared to whole object!
what is the object in this case?!
Eg: fetish for shoes!
libido is focused on object, inanimate!
focusing of the sexual drive is excluding something else, has a focal point!
Subcultures Class Notes 2-22-2012!
Photographs / collage by Gilvert and George!
punk art !
words are etched in!
shock factor of the grafti!
iolent mentsions are always something that crop up!
"smashing the reds" ideological position!
- punk sensi
The Wild One movie: =w= XD; e_e biker ganga LOL!
I'm sorry but starting the motorcycles like that was ridiculous XD!
e_e dude do they even know where they're going XD?!
Love the driving scenes!
but why are they all shot while they're t
Punk in the ninteen seventies, was turning point, some kind of turning point in
Stanley Cohen: symboliv refusal!
in relationship his synopsis on history of subculture!
- pointing importance of symbolic refusal to subcultural
ARHS Notes 1-26-2012!
- celebration of the human form- semi-naked people lol!
- human forms, like very conventional!
- like a fresco!
- post impressionism: thick lines outlining forms, clear lines on the face, very
derivative of Matisse
ARHS Subcultures Notes 2-21-2012 Class Notes!
tattoos and relationship between teds!
Denition of fan culture!
- emphasis on arbitrary items in a style!
- de-emphasizing the boundedness of subcultural groups/ boundaries of groups!
- mass market or m
ARHS Subctultures Class Notes 2-7-2012!
- Way different writing style!
They see it as a cycle. !
Hegemony: dominant and a subordinate!
Dominant culture: accepted honored texts, bourgeois, !
- distinction of culture at lar
WHAT IS "POST-SUBCULTURAL STUDIES" - [PSR] - WEINZIERL
Reading Notes - 3-28-2012!
investigation of relationship between tastes, politics, music in post mod world and intro theoretical
understanding and ethnographic practice of post subcult st