1. Expression of genetic information involves cellular and molecular mechanisms
1. Gene regulation results in differential gene expression, leading to cell
2. A variety of intercellular and intra
1. The processing of genetic information is imperfect and a source of
1. Changes in genotype can result in changes in phenotype
2. Biological systems have multiple processes that increase genetic
Organisms use feedback mechanisms to regulate growth and
reproduction, and to maintain dynamic homeostasis.
Organisms use feedback mechanisms to maintain their internal
environments and respond
Heritable information provides for continuity of life.
DNA, and in some cases RNA is the primary source of heritable information.
In Eukaryotes, heritable information is passed to the next generation via
Objectives Test 1:
All of the Vocab:
Evolution: Change in genetic makeup over time
Natural Selection: survival of the fittest the process whereby
organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and
produce more offspring.