1) Explain how Plato and Aristotle associated status with justice.
Justice is something that philosophers have studied since the concept originated. Defined
as the quality of being impartial, fair, and just(Pollock, 2012), justice seems to be easy to
1) Define a public servant and why public servants should be especially sensitive to
Defined as professionals who are paid by the public and whose jobs entail pursuing the
public good, (Pollock, 2012) public servants have many different jo
1) What are the elements of any ethical system, according to Baelz? What are the three
parts of the ethical pyramid?
When discussing any concept, it is important to have some form of qualitative definition.
According to Baelz, there are four qualities of
3) Define morals, ethics, values, duties, superogatories, imperfect duties, meta-ethics,
normative ethics, and applied ethics.
Morals: principles of right and wrong. It is what is considered to be good conduct
(Pollock, 2012). There are different ideas as
2) Discuss Felkeness reasons for why it is important for criminal justice professionals to
In order to act ethically, it is necessary to learn about ethics. Criminal justice
professionals must both practice and understand ethics. These profe
2) What are the three parts of the categorical imperative? What is the difference between
act and rule utilitarianism?
In a deontological ethical system, there are hypothetical imperatives and categorical
imperatives. Categorical imperatives have three pa
3) What are the three ways to know Gods will? What are the Six Pillars of Character?
One of the many ethical systems is religion. While there may be many different religions
with different values and morals, all forms of religion create habits of moral vi
4) Describe retributive and utilitarian rationales for punishment, which is a substantive
justice issue. Explain due process and how it fits with procedural justice. What are the elements
of due process?
Corrective justice is involved with substantive and
2) Describe distributive and corrective justice. Identify how different systems under
distributive justice would allocate the resources of society.
One of the many aspects of ethics is justice and there are many parts of justice. It was
Aristotle that cre