Music | Graded Assignment | Unit Test, Part 2: Rock-and-Roll Music
Unit Test, Part 2: Rock-and-Roll Music
Answer the questions thoroughly, using complete sentences and good descriptive details. When you have
finished, submit th
During the nineteen-sixties, an era known as the British Invasion was born. During this
time in music, British bands were using American song templates in their songs as a way to
crossover to the American music market. The British Invasion came by way of
MUS 100: 02
The event I attended was a student recital. There were eleven separate pieces performed
by eleven different students. There were solo pieces performed and then there were group pieces
performed. The program consiste
Vocab Sheet 2
VOCABULARY SHEET 2
1. Orchestration: Manipulation of tone colors within the orchestra to best match the
2. Timbre: Unique sound quality of an instrument; its tone color.
3. Song Cycle: A group of
Vocabulary Sheet 3
1. Whole-tone scale: A scale comprised of only whole steps.
2. Polyrhythm: Several interlocking rhythms at once such as Asian and African rhythms
at the same time.
3. Running counter to the action: Music that con
Bus Article #2
Amazons New E-Reader in competition with Barnes & Noble?
Amazon has competition with Barnes and Nobles E Ink, a paper like e-reader that has no
color and little lighting in the dark. For critics of technology, these
Vocabulary Sheet 1
1. Tone: a musical sound
2. Note: a symbolic representation of a tone
3. Pitch: The highness or lowness of a tone
4. Staff: 5 parallel lines used to chart notes, like a graph
5. Clef: a symbol used to indicate th