Chapter 24, Management of Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
1. The pathophysiology of emphysema involves destruction of alveoli leading to
impaired oxygen diffusion.
2. Administering oxygen to patients with
Chapter 21, Assessment of Respiratory Function
1. The functions of the respiratory system are ventilation and perfusion.
2. When the capacity of the chest increases during respiration, inspiration occurs.
3. Normal PaO2 levels
Chapter 25, Respiratory Care Modalities
1. Hypoxemia can be manifested by a change in the patients mental status.
2. A patient who has recently undergone a tracheostomy should be maintained in a