ENGINEERING LAW, FINANCE AND ETHICS
Catalog Description: An examination of the legal, financial and ethical issues regularly
considered by all practicing engineers and construction project managers.
1CE 473 Homework Due Next Class Period (Use a scan tron form)
True or False: Use "A" for True and "B" for False:
1. The law is a system by which a society regulates the relationships of its members.
2. A society is a group of people with organized relatio
1CE 473 Ethics Homework
True and False. Use A for True and B for False. One point each.
The first questions are based upon the ASCE Canons of Conduct:
1.There are about 45 fundamental canons of ethics in the American Society of Civil Engineers
Code of Con
Answer True or False. Use "A" for True and "B" for False.
1. The law of torts is based primarily on statutory law.
2. The law of torts is uniform throughout the country.
3. Tort law is one of the fundamental areas of the law.
4. An act can
CE 473 Homework Accounting and Finance
1. What is the difference between the following?
a. Cash Flow and Net Income:
b. Net Income and Operating Profit:
c. Increased Net Income and Increased Owners Equity:
2. What are the 3 important categories wh
CE 473 Homework I Accounting
Answer questions 1 to 5 True or False.
1. A corporation is an entity, created by law, separate from its owners and managers.
2. A corporation has potential perpetual duration and limited shareholder liability.
Stocks, Bonds and Options:
I. Corporations acquire funds from three sources:
i. Sale of stock (either privately or to the public in an Initial Public Offering or in
a subsequent public offering)
ii. Additional paid in capital, that is, mone