LDR 3713: Assignment #9 Approaching Conflict in Teams Discussion
DEFINING CONFLICT AND APPROACHING CONFLICT IN TEAMS DISCUSSION
1. Please select a type of conflict that you observed or experienced. Please state the type of
conflict and discuss how you bec
When you contrast leaders and managers from Kotters perspective, he argues that the
functions of the two are quite dissimilar (Northouse, 2016, p. 13). In Kotters eyes management only
concerns themselves with giving orders and consistency, while leaders f
1. I feel like one of the most important aspects in a team charter is getting signatures at the end of
a team charter. A signature ensures that something is much more serious and not to be taken
lightly. People also tend to read a document, contract, etc.
TEAM LEADERSHIP REFLECTION PAPER
TEAM LEADERSHIP REFLECTION PAPER
Team Leadership Reflection Paper
1. How does a team-centric approach to conceptualizing leader-team interactions
differ from a leader-centric approach?
The team-centric approach focuses
well said! I really like your comparison of Maxwells and Collins views on leadership.
Furthermore, you brought up a lot of great points that I didnt think of before. For instance, you
said, If you create a place where the right people will always have a s
1. How would you use each principle of the Fisher and Ury's (1981) method of principled
negotiation to understand and resolve the conflict?
Summary of interpersonal conflict:
The conflict referenced below occurred at work between myself and my colleague.
FINAL COURSE PROJECT EVALUATION PAPER
LDR 3713: Assignment #13 Final Course Project
QUESTION #1-Describe how the Team Charter was utilized throughout the process of
creating your project.
The team charter was used in every aspect of our project. It was
Prior to participating in this discussion, please review the PowerPoint presentation in Week 1 and
complete the reading for Chapter 1 of Northouse (2012).
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Before we begin discussing leading a team, it is importa
1. List your five Strengths and provide a brief description in your own words to describe
each Strength to someone who is not familiar with this assessment tool.
Achiever, Competition, Ideation, Intellection, Context
My first strength,
1. Which of the Strengths describe you best? Why?
I would have to say that Achiever is the strength that describes me best. I am the kind
of person that will work through the night to meet a deadline.
Many people relate managing with leading, and although they do have similarities, the
two have many differences. Leading and managing have different functions from each other.
From Kotters viewpoint, the function of management is to prov
1. What were the most important new ideas you learned in this course? Please explain.
Wow, where do I begin? I learned so many important new ideas in this course that its
hard to narrow it down. I guess Id have to say that learning my St
1. From your review of the various team charters, identify one component that you believe
is critical to include in a team charter. Please provide supportive rationale based on the
course readings for your decision.
After reviewing the various team charte
FORMING YOUR TEAM
Many similarities exist between Maxwells (1998) and Collins (2001) ideas. Collins
researched and concluded that the good-to-great companies had top leaders who recruited and
hired the most talented personnel for executive positions (Coll
1. How would you use each principle of the Fisher and Ury's (1981) method of principled negotiation
to understand and resolve the conflict? Please utilize each principle as you respond to this question.
The conflict I will address is the ongoing feud in m