ATLANTA TECHNICAL COLLEGE
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES & PUBLIC SERVICE TECHNOLOGIES DIVISION
Program of Study: Computer Information Systems
CIP Program Code: 11.0901(CIN3, CIN4; 11.0201(CIP3, CIP4)
Major Code: 47.0104(5B11)
Academic Year: 2016
CIST1220 SQL Project
*Due: Two (2) weeks before the final to be graded*
1. Database information
Database Name: ATC
Concentration: CIS Department only
2. Minimum of 13 tables needed:
-Grade table (Passing or failing grade for CIS dept.)
-College table (ATC
1. What is the difference between an information system and a computer application?
The difference between the two is that the info system includes people and their manual processes,
while an application refers to just the software.
2. What is t
1. What are the five activities of systems analysis, and which activity is discussed beginning with
The 5 activities of system analysis are gather detailed information, define requirements, prioritize
requirements, develop user-interface dia
1. What are the two key conceptsone from Chapter 3 and one from this chapterthat define
Identifying user stories/use cases and things in the problem domain
2. What is the problem domain?
It is the specific area for the user
1. What are the models that describe use cases in more detail?
Fully developed use case description, activity diagrams, and system sequence diagrams
2. What two UML diagrams are used to model domain classes?
Problem domain class diagram and state ma
1. How does the objective of systems analysis differ from the objective of systems design?
The objective of systems analysis is to understand the needs and requirements, while the objective of
design is to figure out the solution to those needs and
1. What is a server? Do all organizations with information systems own servers? Why or why not?
A sever is a computer or group of computers that manages shared resourches and enables users and
other computers to access those resources over a network
Let's talk about managing disk partitions. Now the ability to manage disk partitions on Linux is really
important, probably more so than with other operating systems, such as Windows. With Windows you
initially create your NTFS p
1. _ are screen objects used to maintain, view, and print data from
C) Data files
2. An attribute is a characteristic or property of an entity.
3. Popular _ include Access, Oracle, DB2, MyS