Smooth muscle of blood vessels
Vasoconstriction (increased BP lower flow) pupil dilation
On preganglionic neurons, inhibit the release of neurotransmitters
On cardiac muscle and kidneys
Increase the forc
Chapters 1-4, 6
The Nursing Process and Drug Therapy
1. List the five phases of the nursing process.
2. Identify the components of the assessment process for patients receiving medications,
including collection a
Procaine Penicillin G
Benzathine Penicillin (Bacillin
Primarily used for
gram + infections
Phlebitis @ IV site
Head and neck cancer, Respiratory problems, Endocrine, ABGs
1. After change of shift, you are assigned to care for the following patients. Which patient should
you assess first?
1. A 68-year old patient on a ventilator for whom a sterile sputum spe
1. Following an acute mi a 45 yo man develops chf. The nurse anticipates 1 st line of therapy will be?
2. Client admitted with mitral stenosis now being discharged with prosthetic valve replacement.
Nurse instruction client about health maint
1. Summarize the menstrual cycle in relation to hormonal, ovarian, and endometrial response.
The menstrual cycle is a complex, interplay of events that occur simultaneously in the
endometrium, hypothalamus, pituitary glands, and ovaries that prep
Questions marked in my Peds book
1. Read pages 132-134: there is a lot highlighted.
2. P. 636: Informed Consent- Should include the expected care or treatment; potential risks,
benefits, and alternatives, and what might happen if the patien
1. A client with a spinal cord injury is prone to experiencing autonomic dysreflexia. The nurse
should take which measures to minimize the risk of occurrence? SELECT ALL THAT APPLY
Strict adherence to a bowel retraining program
Keeping the linen wrinkle-f