1. Go to iTunes (www.apple.com) or Rhapsody (www.rhapsody.com). What unique market
segments appear to be the target of specific types of music? How did you determine the
2. Explain how companies segment international markets in comparison with s
1. What is sustainable marketing? Explain how the sustainable marketing concept differs from
the marketing concept and the societal marketing concept.
2. Marketings impact on society as a whole has been criticized. Discuss the issues relevant to
1. Discuss the various social influences on consumer. Provide two examples of how these
factors affected your purchasing.
a. a product (a thing like shoes, books, cars, computers, etc.) that you purchased recently.
b. a service (something involving others
1. Discuss the four special characteristics of services. How do the services offered by a dentists
office differ from those offered by a hair stylist in terms of these characteristics?
2. What do Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Cheerios, and Hamburger Helper ha
1. Define disintermediation. List three industries for which changes in channel systems have
resulted in disintermediation.
2. Compare and contrast intensive, selective, and exclusive distribution. Give an example of a
product or brand that is distributed
1. Picture yourself with wires hooked up to your head or entering a magnetic tube that can see
inside your brain. You must be undergoing some medical test, right? Think againits
marketing research! Marketing research is becoming more like science fiction
1. Online classes are increasingly popular. In terms of the material in chapter 3, explain this
popularity. Also discuss the disadvantages of online classes in comparison with live classes.
2. Describe the various publics that affect a companys marketing
1. Discuss a market-oriented mission statement for Wayne State. In your answer, identify
WSUs markets and how they should be addressed in the mission statement.
2. Youve read about the product/market expansion strategies in chapter 2. Discuss these in the