Chapter 5 Quiz
1) Objects are not really _
2) Color is a _ event.
3) Newton used a _ to separate the wavelengths in white light.
4) Newton showed that the separated wavelengths can be _ into white light
by a second prism.
5) Newton passed a single wavelen
Chapter 6 Stereoscopes and Stereograms
Stereoscopes and stereograms
Stereoscope: a device that simultaneously presents one image to one eye
and another to the other eye. Used to represent stereopsis.
Free fusion: technique of converging or diverging t
Chapter 6 notes- Vision
Space perception and binocular cues.
Realism: a philosophical argument that there is a real world.
Positivism: a philosophical argument stating that all we really have to go
on is our senses so the world could be a hallucinatio
Ch 5- Perception of color 2
Step 3: color appearance
Three numbers many colors.
Color space: the 3 dimensional space created by the thee outputs
of the three cone outputs.
Achromatic: any color that lack hue. Black, gray, white hue is the
Chapter 5 - Perception of color 1
The perception of color
Color is not a physical property of objects in the world
Color is the perception created by our particular visual system
Reflective characteristics of a surface ( PHYSICAL)
Chapter 8- Motion
It is important because we need to be able to detect motion rapidly for
Motion after effect(MAE): the illusion of motion of a stationary object
after prolonged exposure to a moving object - Aristotle , and wate
Chapter 8- Motion and Eye movement
Using motion information
Going with the flow
Optic array: is the collection of light rays that interact with
objects in front of the view. Some of these rays strike our retinas
enabling us to see. Coined by gibson
Chapter 8 Quiz
1) People can track objects with angular velocities up to about _ deg/sec and the
angular velocity of a thrown baseball can exceed _ deg/sec.
2) Keeping your eye on the ball is thus _.
3) A fastball may appear to rise, but this is an _.
Chapter 6 Quiz
1) Motion parallax is a _ depth cue.
2) Motion parallax is a cue based on _ movement.
3) The books treatment of motion parallax ignores the crucial role of the
4) Binocular _ is the idea that performance is better with two eyes rat
Senses and diagrams
Keep the ball moving through your field of vision in a
straight but diagonal line.
"Optical acceleration cancelation"
1. Semicircular canals
1. Saccule and Utricle