1. If GABA binds to ligant gated chloride channel, will you see on the chart?
d. None of the above
2. Supposed acetylcholine (neurotransmitter( binds to one of the ligand gated
channels, what do you e
1. When channels open, molecules move up their concentration gradient
Channel, so passive transport. Moving down their concentration
2. Amoeba is a living organism; it is eukaryote.
3. Antonie van Leeuwenhoek is the first
1. Arabidopsis thaliana is:
B. A worm model
2. Different species share similar living genes, thats why we can study one
model, and uses what we know from that model and applied that to human
3. The way
1. What good can liposome bring us?
A. It is good for fat absorption
B. We can insert drug into the lumen of liposome
C. It has a similar role as cholesterol
D. It has a similar role as detergent
When we ingest a drug, it will get metabolized or modified
1. Prion proteins are special because:
A. It can cause death in human and animal
B. It is infectious because it can change the normal shape of PrP into
abnormal shape and create a positive feedback in humans brain.
C. It was discovered by Stanley Cooper i
1. ATP is different from GTP because:
A. ATP and GTP have different nucleotides
B. ATP can turn on a G protein faster than GTP
C. ADP when it binds to G protein, it will inactivate the G protein
D. GTP is used as fuel for the motor proteins
2. Motor prote
1. If a drug bound to and destroyed voltage-gated calcium channels on a
neuron, which area of the neuron would the drug bind to?
A. The axon
B. The dendrites
C. The drug would bind equally to all these areas
D. The axon terminus
Remember you see only see
1. The sodium potassium pump performs all of the following function
A. The resting membrane potential is established due to this pump
B. Calcium pump cannot function without the Na, K pump
C. It stops the cell from undergoing osmotic lysis and bre
1. The conversion of pyruvate to either lactate or ethanol is due to the lack of
oxygen. Thats when the process of fermentation takes place. Which of the
following is/are the common product(s) of the fermentation to lactate or ethanol:
1. The products of the Krebs cycle are 1 FADH2, 1GTP, 3NADH, and 1 CO2.
2. Malonate serves as a non-competitive inhibitor of succinate dehydrogenase,
which converts succinate to fumarate.
3. The rate of the Krebs cycle ca
Chapter 2.3: The Nature of Chemical Bonds:
a. Learning Outcomes:
i. Predict which elements are likely to form ions.
ii. Explain how molecules can be built from atoms joined by covalent bonds.
iii. Contrast polar and nonpolar covalent bonds.