1. Collenchyma cells are located beneath the
_ in stems and leaf petioles.
2. The thickenings of the collenchyma primary cell wall provides
_ and rigidity, while still allowing the cell to be flexible.
3. The thickenings o
1. Usually, parenchyma cells have only primary / only secondary / both primary and
secondary cell walls.
answer only primary
2. Parenchyma cell cytoplasm dies / stays alive when the cells reach maturity.
answer stays alive
3. Parenchyma cells have / do no
1. Periderm is a complex tissue found in all
herbaceous / woody plants.
2. Some periderm is protective phellem / phellogen, which is produced by the cork
3. Some periderm is meristematic
phelloderm / phellogen.
1. Xylem is a complex tissue and contains the following cell types:
_, fibers, fiber tracheids, tracheids and vessels.
2. Xylem is a complex tissue and contains the following cell types: parenchyma,
_, fiber tracheids, tracheids and vess
1. In a plant epidermal peel you can see hairs, also called _
2. The cuticle is composed of _ and fats that reduce the rate of
3. The cuticle is composed of waxes and _ that reduce the rate of
1. As cells in the procambial strand divide, daughter cells that are pushed outward become phloem
while cells that are pushed inward become xylem.
true / false
2. As cells in the procambial strand divide, daughter cells that are pushed outward
1. Dermal / Ground / Vascular Tissue :
2. Growth in length is primary growth while growing bigger around is called secondary
true / false
3. Growing bigger around is called primary growth while growing i