1. Animal cells
lack / possess rigid cell walls so they can move relative to each other.
2. Due to their cell structure animal bodies are
less / more flexible than plant bodies.
3. Without cell walls, animals need another mechanism
1. Fish and mammals are examples of
ctenophora / chordates / arthropods / cnidaria.
2. A sponge is an example of the phylum
3. A comb jelly is an example of the phylum
4. Corals and jellyfish are ex
1. Bud scale _
are formed when buds grow and scales fall off.
2. A leaf _
is formed when the leaf falls off.
3. The _
bud gives rise to new branch growth.
growth is measured from one ring of bud scale scars to t
1. Circle the one that is not true about animals:
are multicellular / have only cell membranes / are autotrophic / lack chloroplasts.
answer are autotrophic
2. Circle the one that is not true about animals:
are multicellular / have cel
1. Fish and mammals are examples of the phylum
2. One of the seven defining characteristics of the various animal taxon is
answer origin and evolution of group / taxonomic structure of the phylum /
the animals habitat / feeding ha
1. The _ _
is important in controlling the internal environment of the animal cell.
answer plasma membrane
2. The plasma membrane is important in controlling the _
environment of the animal cell.
3. Animal cells control osmotic pressure by
1. A tuber / stolon
is an underground storage stem
2. A thorn / spine /prickle
is a modified branch arising from the leaf axil.
3. A thorn / spine /prickle
is a modified leaf devoid of chlorophyll.
4. A thorn / spine
1. Possess notochord and hollow dorsal nerve cord:
describes the phylum
2. A sponge is an example of
porifera / ctenophora / cnidaria / annelids / mollusks.
3. A comb jelly is an example of
porifera / ctenophora / cnida