1. Which statement(s) is/are TRUE of basidiomycetes?
A. they produce a secondary mycelium with dikaryotic hyphae
B. mushrooms, puffballs, and yeast are examples of this group
C. they produce a primary mycelium with n+n hyphae
D. their asexual spores are c
1. Which of the following are diploid?
A. integuments, pericarp, and embryo
B. embryo, egg remants, and integuments
C. fruit, seed coat, and egg remnants
D. endosperm, integuments, and seed
2. Plants that flower in response to long nights are
1. These fungi have coenocytic hyphae except when they form gametangia.
E. B and C
2. Trypanosomes cause sexually transmitted diseases.
3. How are ferns different from mosses?
A. ferns have vasc
1. Conidia are formed
A. during sexual reproduction
B. asexually at the tips of special hyphae
C. as a way to survive a harsh environment
D. by all types of fungi except black bread molds
E. B and C
2. Which statement(s) is/are NOT true of chytridiomycete
1. Endophytic fungi
A. are always parasitic
B. live inside of plants
C. may produce toxins
D. B and C
E. all of the above
2. The snapping of the Venus flytrap leaves is the example of _,
whereas the twining of tendrils is an example of _.
1. The seasonal detachment of leaves.
A. forest decline
2. Dioecious plants produce complete flowers.
3. Which of the following is a correct sequence of levels of biological
1. A dry, indehiscent fruit with a seed coat being permanently united with a
2. _ fruits form from many ovaries of a single flower, whereas
_ fruits develop from the ovaries of separate flowers.
A. aggregate .
1. Cellular respiration
A. a process where chemical energy in the form of ATP is produced by
breaking down cellulose
B. a process where sunlight is used to synthesize cellular components with
the release of energy
C. occurs only in heterotrophs
D. is carr
1. The process responsible for guttation is
B. root pressure
2. Which of the following is an adaptation to flooding conditions?
A. forming smaller lenticels
B. forming adventitious roots
C. covering leaves wit
1. If you want to promote ripening of green banana, you should
A. warm the green banana in the stove
B. place green banana in a sealed bag filled with CO
C. keep green banana in the dark
D. place green banana in a sealed bag with a ripe apple
E. put gre