1. Proteins and
_ are retained in the blood; everything else is transferred to the urine.
answer blood cells
2. The order of the components of the nephron are :
Bowmans capsule proximal tubule loop of Henle distal tubule collecting duct.
true / false
1. The ovum develops from the oocyte in a
oviduct / follicle / fallopian tube / granium.
2. The ovum travels down the
uterine horn / oviduct / cilia / follicle during ovulation.
3. The ovum is propelled down the oviduct by
1. Blood is filtered from the
_ to Bowmans capsule.
2. Blood is filtered from the glomerulus to Bowmans
3. Blood is filtered from the
nephron / proximal tubule / glomerulus / glomereta to Bowmans capsule.
1. The spermatogonium undergoes meiosis / mitosis
to form diploid spermatocytes.
2. The spermatogonium undergoes mitosis to form
diploid / haploid spermatocytes.
3. The spermatogonium undergoes mitosis to form diploid
1. Spermatids develop into spermatozoa that mature into active sperm cells
after / before leaving the testes.
2. Egg cells develop from
haploid / diploid oogonia during oogenesis.
3. During oogenesis
two / four / eight haploid
1. Hold developing embryo or fetus :
ovaries / oviducts / uterine horns / vagina.
answer uterine horns
2. In the male, sperm cells develop from
diploid / haploid spermatogonia during spermatogenesis.
3. In the male, sperm cells develop from
1. The recovery of water from the urine is driven by
osmosis / active transport / facilitated transport / temperature.
2. Sodium ions are pumped out of the lumen by the sodium pump; chloride ions follow
to keep the electrical charges balanc
1. The job of the
excretory / immune / respiratory / circulatory system is to remove foreign cells and
answer immune system
2. Substances are recovered as urine passes through the
Bowmans capsule / nephron / glomerulus.