Associate in Applied
Science (A.A.S.) Curricula
Advanced Integrated Technology
The Advanced Integrated Technology (AIT) program is a program of
study that employs the principle of technology integration within sought
BE 350 Business Communication
August 25-December 12
Dr. Michael McDonald
Gary A. Ransdell Hall 1084 A
C H A P T E R
An Orientation to
ORGANIZATION AND COMMUNICATION
The Concept of Organization
The Concept of Communication
Studying Organizational Communication
International Journal of Communication 6 (2012), Book Review 384389
Media and Communication Activism
Wolfgang Stzl and Theo Hug (Eds.), Activist Media and Biopolitics: Critical Media Interventions in
the Age of Biopower, Austria: Inns
The Life, Times and Career of the Professional Salesperson
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF BUSINESS?
To increase the general well-being of humankind through the sale of goods and services. This requires making a profit.
Article critique - by Peter Wallsten, Mar 21, 2013 01:17 AM EDT Washington Post
Nowadays US economic is decreasing, students are getting more and more difficult to gat
a job. Also companies welling hire immigration as a worker that decline the job of
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1900 - P. 116
A 1990 act prohibiting individuals with disabilities from being discriminated against in
Gives civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities that are like those provided
Chapter 1: Introducing Internet Marketing
How significant the Internet as a Marketing tool?
How does Internet Marketing relate to e-Marketing, e-commerce and ebusiness?
What are the key benefits of Internet Marketing?
What differences does the Internet
THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING
TIME TELLS ALL
Its not only what you say,
but how you do it
EXPECTATION MANAGEMENT MEETS
Building Leverage into every opportunity of
Chui Ying So
This is an article about job cuts. According to the article, Morgan Stanley have
already announced new job cut, plans to cut 1,600 employees or 3% of its staff.
Citigroup would cut 11,000 jobs, or 4% of its staff. Analysts pre
1. Compare the alternative pricing strategies and explain when each strategy is most appropriate. 2. Describe how prices are quoted. 3. Identify the various pricing policy decisions that marketers must make
Price Concepts and Approaches
1. 2. 3. 4. Outline the legal constraints on pricing. Identify the major categories of pricing objectives. Explain price elasticity and its determinants. List the practical problems involved in a
Personal Selling and Sales Promotion
1. Outline the marketplace conditions that make personal selling a primary component of a firm's promotional mix. 2. Describe the four sales channels. 3. Describe the major trends in perso
Advertising and Public Relations
1. Identify the three major advertising objectives and the two basic categories of advertising. 2. List the major advertising strategies. 3. Describe the process of creating an advertisement.
Integrated Marketing Communications
1. Explain how integrated marketing communications relates to the development of an optimal promotional mix. 2. Describe the communication process and how it relates to the AIDA concept. 3.
Direct Marketing and Marketing Resellers: Retailers and Wholesalers
1. Explain the wheel of retailing. 2. Explain how retailers select target markets. 3. Show how the elements of the marketing mix apply to retailing strategy.
1. Describe the types of marketing channels and roles they
play in marketing strategy.
2. Outline the major channel strategy decisions.
Category and Brand
1. Explain the benefits of category and brand
2. Identify the different types of brands.
3. Explain the strate
1. Define the term product and distinguish between goods and
services and how they relate to the goods-services
2. Explain the importance of the service sector in toda
Relationship Marketing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Contrast transaction-based marketing with relationship marketing. Identify and explain the four basic elements of relationship marketin
Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
1. Identify the essential components of a market. 2. Outline the role of market segmentation in developing a marketing strategy. 3. Describe the criteria necessary for effective
Serving Global Markets
1. Describe the importance of international marketing from the perspectives of the individual firm and the nation. 2. Identify the major components of the environment for international marketing. 3. Outl
Marketing Research DecisionSupport Systems, and Sales Forecasting
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Describe the development of the marketing research function and its major activities. Explain the steps in the marketing research pro
Business-toBusiness (B2B) Marketing
1. Explain each of the components of the business-to(B2B) market. 2. Describe the major approaches to segmenting business-to-business (B2B) markets. 3. Identify the major characteristics of
1. Distinguish between customer behavior and consumer behavior. 2. Explain how marketers classify behavioral influences on consumer decisions. 3. Describe cultural, group, and family influences on consumer be
E-Commerce: Marketing in the Digital Age
1. Define e-commerce and give examples of each function of the Internet. 2. Describe how marketers use the Internet to achieve their firms' objectives. 3. Explain how online marketing b
The Marketing Environment, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
1. 2. 3. Identify the five components of the marketing environment. Explain the types of competition marketers face and the steps necessary for developing a competit
Strategic Planning and the Marketing Process
1. Distinguish between strategic planning and tactical planning. 2. Explain how marketing plans differ at various levels in an organization. 3. Identify the steps in the marketing p
1. Explain how marketing creates utility through the
2. Contrast marketing activities during the four era