Unit 1 Assessment
Question 1: Analyze the development of pottery and the domestication of agriculture in different parts
of the world to explain how these affected the development of human civilization.
Your response should be at least 200 words in length
Take Test: Unit V Assessment
1. Which of the following was an English king who defeated the Danish army and
established a unified Anglo-Saxon monarchy?
Alfred the Great
Conrad of Franconia
1. The lord-vassal rel
Take Test: Unit IV Assessment
1. Which of the following were at the center of Islamic life?
1. One of the five Pillars of Islam is that there is only God and his prophet is:
Take Test: Unit II Assessment
1. The Hellenistic period was rooted in Macedon, whose government took the form of a(n):
1. The Western tradition of writing history originated wi
Take Test: Unit I Assessment
1. Western civilization began in:
the Far East.
the Middle East.
the United States.
1. Hebrews who lived after the completion of the Second Temple became known as:
Take Test: Unit VII Assessment
1. The Treaty of Tordesilles:
divided the Spice Islands between Portugal and the Dutch Republic.
divided South Africa between the English and the Dutch.
granted Portugal all of Africa, India, and Brazil.
Take Test: Unit VI Assessment
1. The Great Schism was resolved and unity restored by which of the following church
Council of Constance
Council of Trent
Council of Nicaea
Council of Base l
1. Which of the following was a re
Take Test: Unit III Assessment
1. Paul of Tarsus:
founded the Christian church at Rome.
traveled throughout Anatolia and Greece and developed Christian communities.
preached Christianity only to the non-Jews.
was known as the Agape.
Take Test: Unit VIII Assessment
1. Which of the following individuals viewed himself as the great protector of the
Philip II of Spain
Henry VII of England
Charles V of the Holy Roman Empire
Henry IV of France
1. The Thirty