Microbiology Review: Exam #1 (ch 1-5)
1. What all is considered a microorganism?
Major groups: bacteria, archaea, protozoa, fungi, helminths, & viruses. (Algae)
2. What is the best definition of a microorganism?
A microscopic living organism too
Microbiology Review: Exam #2 (Ch 6-10)
1. What is a trace element and how do microorganisms use these?
Micronutrients (manganese, zinc, nickel) present in much smaller amounts and are
involved in enzyme function and maintenance of protein struct
Microbiology Review: Exam #4 (ch 16-18)
1. What structures are included in the integument (skin)?
2. What organisms (not just bacteria) are normal biota on the skin?
3. Of the Staphylococcus species which one is coagulase positive? Negative? What is
Microbiology Review: Exam #3 (ch 11-15)
1. What does the term infection refer to?
Disruption of a tissue or organism caused by microbes or their products.
2. When does the human body usually begin to be colonized by normal biota?
When you are b