Chapter 1: Introduction to Computers
1. Computer _ entails having the knowledge and understanding of computers and their uses.
2. A(n) _ is an electronic device, operating under the control
Chapter 3: Application Software
1. _ software consists of programs designed to make users more productive and/or assist them with
2. The _ shown in the accompanying figure is
Chapter 2: The Internet and World Wide Web
1. _ are two of the more widely accessed Internet services.
a. The World Wide Web and e-mail
c. Mailing lists and chat rooms
b. FTP and message boards
d. Instant messaging and VoIP
2. The _ is a w
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 7
1. What are actions that can be performed to limit access to switch ports?
Protective covers on wall jacks
2. What are the three actions that can be taken when violations are detected?
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 4
. What are features of cryptography?
Used to convert plain, readable text or information into readable text or information
A key may be used to make it more secure
o May be simple or complex
May be one-way or two
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 6
1. What are the three control types?
o Risk management assists in attack detection
o Analyzing network raises awareness to possible risks
o Security solution assist in attack detection
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 5
1. True/False: A buffer overflow occurs when an attacker injects random data into a system.
2. What type of attack occurs when the injected code takes another route, such as e-mail, to the victim?
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 2
1. Business impact analysis determines the impact a disaster would have on _.
o Front-End Operations
o Back-End Operations
2. What actions are done with business impact analysis?
Define recovery costs
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 3
1. True/False: Network firewalls may be integrated into routers or may be separate devices.
2. Network firewalls work at what layers?
Layer 3 and 4
3. Packet filters work by inspecting each packet and _.
Study Guide for Security+ 2011 Session 1
1. List jobs that require security knowledge.
2. Who is responsible for planning exam objectiv