Century College logo * We aren't endorsed by this school

READING 0950 Stragies for College success

  • School:
    *
  • Professor:
    {[ professorsList ]}
    Jennifer Robery, Susan Paisly, BenjaminRosch, Alex Cornoy, ChristinaDavis
  • Average Course Rating (from 4 Students)

    4.2/5
    Overall Rating Breakdown
    • 4 Advice
    • 5
      50%
    • 4
      25%
    • 3
      25%
    • 2
      0%
    • 1
      0%
  • Course Difficulty Rating

    • Easy 50%

    • Medium 50%

    • Hard 0%

  • Top Course Tags

    Always Do the Reading

    Lots of Writing

    Participation Counts

* We aren't endorsed by this school

Stragies for College success Questions & Answers

Stragies for College success Flashcards

Stragies for College success Advice

Stragies for College success Documents

Showing 1 to 9 of 9

Sort by:
{[$select.selected.label]}

Stragies for College success Advice

Showing 1 to 3 of 4

View all
    • Profile picture
    Jun 21, 2017
    | No strong feelings either way.

    Not too easy. Not too difficult.

    Course Overview:

    I found that there was more work in this 2 credit class than in my 4 credit classes. The work seemed tedious and longer than it needed to be. If the course offered more credits, it would be worth it, but it ended up taking too much time that could have been spent elsewhere. When we would be learning about a topic, we had to read and discuss way too many articles when just one or two articles would get the same point across.

    Course highlights:

    I liked learning about stress management in this course. I get stressed out easily, so learning some steps to take in order to prevent stress in the first place was very useful for everyday life. We watched some videos about stress reduction and different ways of thinking that I am very grateful for learning. The lesson that stuck with me the most is the 90/10 rule: 10% of things in life are things that happen to you, and the other 90% is made up of how you respond to those things.

    Hours per week:

    9-11 hours

    Advice for students:

    Make sure you balance your time wisely because this class is very time consuming. I found myself working on this class more than any other class I was taking. A lot of the work and material was common sense, so it doesn't really challenge your thinking too much, but it might test your patience with all the busy work.

    • Spring 2017
    • ChristinaDavis
    • Yes
    • Many Small Assignments Requires Lots of Research Requires Presentations
    • Profile picture
    Apr 19, 2017
    | Would highly recommend.

    Pretty easy, overall.

    Course Overview:

    I recommend this course because, The professor is really nice and understandable, beyond that she cares about all of her students and encourage them to choose the right major for their future and help them with their works so they can pass her class.

    Course highlights:

    I learn a lot of things in her class, since she also teach us about how our brain work and focus on school. She also give us some advice on finding the right major in a useful website.

    Hours per week:

    3-5 hours

    Advice for students:

    Some advice I would give to the students is that you have to be in class everyday, since you won't know when there's going to be a quiz/test. Also ask for help when needed.

    • Fall 2016
    • Alex Cornoy
    • Yes
    • Great Intro to the Subject Always Do the Reading Requires Lots of Research
    • Profile picture
    Jan 31, 2017
    | Would highly recommend.

    Pretty easy, overall.

    Course Overview:

    This class may seem like a boring course, but you actually learn a lot with the 5 months you are there. You will be surprise how much you've change as in reading fluently or reading an essay. Knowing how to take notes the right way. You won't regret this class.

    Course highlights:

    Learn over 130 vocabularies, learn how to reading without shuttering :) become a fluent reader within 5 months.

    Hours per week:

    9-11 hours

    Advice for students:

    Put your mind into it. It may not seem like an interesting course, but you will learn. This course will not fail you. Trust me.

    • Winter 2016
    • Susan Paisly
    • Yes
    • Lots of Writing Always Do the Reading Participation Counts

Ask a homework question - tutors are online