Review for Exam 3
Part II. Trigonometry
1. Angles in plane. Co-terminal, complemental, and supplemental angles.
Reference angle. Formulas for computing for all four quadrants.
2. Unit circle. Radians. Conversion fro
MTH 116 Pre-Calculus
Collection of Problems # 1-30
These problems can be used for preparation for Exam 1
Functions. General Theory.
1. Use the graphs of the functions f and g to answer the following questions.
y f x
y g x
a) What is the
MTH 116. Area of a Triangle via Trigonometry. Law of Sines.
In this lecture will be considered
1. Formulas for area of triangle, parallelogram, polygon via trigonometry.
2. The Law of Sines.
3. Solving arbitrary triangles. Classification of c
Law of Cosines
In this lecture will be presented
1. The Law of Cosines.
2. Using the Law of Cosines to solve special cases of triangles.
3. Applied problems.
Solving Oblique Triangles. Cases #4 and #5.
Non-Linear Systems of Equations
In this lecture will be considered methods of solving of non-linear equations.
1. Substitution Method.
2. Graphical solution.
I. Solving Systems of Equations by Substitution.
1. Solve on of the equations